AUTOCROSS and TRACK DAY INFO: Louisiana
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on AUTOCROSS and TRACK DAY INFO: Louisiana within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; OK, for those of you who don’t know where to go play with your Subaru (or other car) here is ...

AUTOCROSS and TRACK DAY INFO: Louisiana

OK, for those of you who don’t know where to go play with your Subaru (or other car) here is a source of information for you.

First, log-on to http://www.autoxforum.com/forums/index.php?act=idx and scroll down to the Louisiana forum which has five sub-forums: TLAC, CENLA, DELTA, RRR, SOWELA

AUTOCROSS:

CENLA is the Baton Rouge region of the SCCA.
    DELTA is the New Orleans region of the SCCA.
    Red River Region (RRR) is the Shreveport region of the SCCA.
    SOWELA is the Lafayette region of the SCCA.
    TLAC is the Trans-Louisiana Autocross Championship chapter which hosts 3 – 4 autocross events per year in which the four regions compete against each other for club points and the TLAC trophy.

Pre-registration is encouraged for all CENLA region autocross events and is done at http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx . Pre-registration is required for Delta region events held at the Belle Chasse Naval Air Station. You can see many other events all over the U.S. on the DLB calendar.

You do not have to join the SCCA to participate in any of the autocross events unless you want to run for the end-of-year class and overall championship points or TLAC points. Otherwise, it’s pay & play. SCCA members get a slight discount on entry fees (usually $5.00 off). Typical registration fees run $20 - $25, before discounts. If you join the SCCA at a Delta Region event, that event entry fee is waived; IE: it's free. I'm not sure about the other regions, so check their websites.

TRACK DAYS:

No Problem Raceway –

http://www.bryanracing.org/

http://www.noproblemraceway.com/roadcourse.htm (Go to the CALENDAR for listings)

EVO Center (Baton Rouge) –

http://www.evodrift.com/

The EVO Center is the Louisiana State Police’s training ground. They rent it out for autocross; drifting and more recently “track” events. It is not a true race track, but rather a training ground that simulates numerous types of driving situations and roadways that would typically be encountered. A four-lane highway section, single and two-lane roads, etc. Some folks seem to really like it. I prefer a true race track with proper run-off areas, etc. To each his own.

DISCLAIMER: I mention that the EVO Center is not a true race track not to slight anyone (promoter) but rather so you know what you're getting into before you pre-register and pay in advance. The website says no refunds, so, it's better that you know up front what you are getting into. The events are extremely well run at the EVO center. Just know in advance, this is not a road race track, although it is promoted as one. It is a driver training ground. I have no doubt that you can have lots of fun there, but what you can't do is drive 9 - 10/10ths, which was explained in the Driver's meeting at the event I attended. I prefer some place that I can run flat out that has proper run-off areas, curbing, barriers, etc., IE: a road course.

Drifting events are run alone or concurrently with the EVO Track days. Next event is August 4th. Autocross events run as stand-alone events, not combined with other events.

So, no more excuses to not get out and enjoy your Subaru the way it was intended to be used.

See you at the track.

Curtis
    PS: My username on the autocross forum is CVBJr.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thanks

hi my name is mike and I'm from lafayette la.
    I appriciate the info. Were are you located and do you attend these track days? Are there any subie clubs in louisianna or what. I feel like a lone wolf here.

im over in mandeville, LA about to move to baton rouge for the summer

whats up,Glad to hear you,ll be close. Im trying to hook up with other subie owners but my work schedule is so screwed up i dont have much time. keep in touch and well all hook up and try to make some events soon. my name is mike. looking foward to meeting some real subie people in our area!!

yea dude i hear ya. actually i dont own a subie yet. things didnt go as planned with the wrx i was gona buy in br. sucks. but right now im lookin at a blue sti 05 up in michigan. hopefully things go well there. btw my name is tony

no problem, hope all goes well with the sti. keep me updated.

so does anyone know about any meets going down here in LA, or want to get together over the weekend and go cruising or something? or go hit up the local mall one friday or sat. night let me know txt me at 614*256*6337. name is Kobes

I'd also love to meet up with some local subie owners...I've been stuck enduring endless taunts from the local BMW crowd haha
    Bugeye Mafia Member

im living here in belle chasse and i was looking for a couple other subies to chill with if so hit me up at 224 637 7277 name is chris just text

Well it's been two years since this was posted in... I'm in the New Orleans and Lake Pontchartrain area. We should start a Louisiana group on here. Try to get something going on this summer maybe?
    2011 WRX Limited 5 Door -- Blue of course

No mods - YET

Quote Originally Posted by MMaWRX View Post
    Well it's been two years since this was posted in... I'm in the New Orleans and Lake Pontchartrain area. We should start a Louisiana group on here. Try to get something going on this summer maybe?
    Im in Houma. just got my first STI. Im in N.O. alot. Anyone else ever contact you in the area??

hey LA subaru clan I am an AR SCCA member and will miss the august 7 event due to my car still being at the dealrship having work done. So I will be joining the red river guys the following weekend. I hope the car is set up better by then, I really look forward to a new parking lot. Is any one a member and hows the surface? loose, rocky, gritty, glassy, etc please help a fellow subaru owner out.
    also the ARKANSASSCCA.COM site will tell u our dates

sorry red river guys, I early registered and the car wasn't out of the shop in time I got it today of course.
    I will be there next month with me boots on and a faster car good luck to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MMaWRX View Post
    I've yet to see your car around the area! have you posted up on NOSR as well? hope to see another fellow my11 hatch in the area.
    EFI-101 Graduate 7-16-05
    AEM EMS Factory Trained
    Haltech Factory Trained
    Cobb Dealer
    Seguimos afinando, vendiendo y jodiendo....Entonces?

anyone going to IFO this year from this forum??
    EFI-101 Graduate 7-16-05
    AEM EMS Factory Trained
    Haltech Factory Trained
    Cobb Dealer
    Seguimos afinando, vendiendo y jodiendo....Entonces?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.