Experience with no Front License in TX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Experience with no Front License in TX within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I am trying to see if anyone has experience with driving with no front license plate in TX and specifically ...

Experience with no Front License in TX

I am trying to see if anyone has experience with driving with no front license plate in TX and specifically the DFW area. Who has been stopped for that reason and gotten tickets? I am going to use a front license plate delete as I have noticed about 10% of the cars in my area don't have front license plates. I do plan to swap to a front license plate if I ever travel out of DFW, I have gotten too many tickets already in the state of Texas, i don't want to attract more attention (looking at you Hillsboro).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First post for me--I'm still looking for a Subaru in the right color. And, I can't talk about DFW--I live in San Antonio. But, my wife's XKR doesn't have a front plate. I have never been pulled over while driving it--I think you should be fine. I really think Texas should change the requirement for a front plate. With that said, I plan on getting a relocation bracket for front plate on the Subaru that will be in my future.

8 years in Austin and I've bought/sold around 10 vehicles. Never had a front plate on any of them, only got pulled over once on the way to Houston through a small town where I got issued a fix-it for the front plate. Double-sided tape, got the ticket signed off, took the plate back off...
    2015 WRX Limited
    2008 Lexus IS-F
    2005 Dodge SRT-4 (for sale, ~500whp)

Been driving around Austin without a front plate for the last three years with no problems. I did recently do a plate relocate kit and have now mounted a front plate but past experience tells me cops don't care.

3 years in Dallas with no front plates (rear is still a Washington plate)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.