New guy here in Tulsa
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New guy here in Tulsa within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hello South Central! I just picked up the first car I have bought on my own. A WRB 2014 Hatchback. ...

New guy here in Tulsa

Hello South Central!

I just picked up the first car I have bought on my own. A WRB 2014 Hatchback. Its a base model which is perfectly fine with me. I have wanted a WRX since I sat in an 04 at an auto show in OKC when I was in High School.

I live in Tulsa right now for work, and I'm wondering if there are any other Tulsa members here.

Also, what cool events go on in the region that I should look into?
    - David
    Tulsa, OK
    - '69 Chevy C-10 (HS project with dad - still have it)
    - '14 2.5L WRX Hatchback WRB aka "Sonic"
    "If you can do something about it, then why worry; if you can't do anything about it, then why worry?" - Buddhist Philosophy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From tulsa right here, I believe I saw yours on Friday night.

Oh really? Where do you think you saw me?
    - David
    Tulsa, OK
    "If you can do something about it, then why worry; if you can't do anything about it, then why worry?" - Buddhist Philosophy

Down on memorial. Maybe it wasn't you haha but it was a brand new WRB hatch 😅

Yeah that must have been an imposter!

I was out and about, but not on memorial.
    - David
    Tulsa, OK

Yeahh I guess so haha. I don't know any other owners I just bought mine right before the new year and I'm gonna be leaving for bootcamp march 24th so I won't be around much longer.

Well godspeed my friend, bootcamp sounds like a bioch. Thanks for responding. Its looking like soon i'll be the only tulsan here! lol.
    - David
    Tulsa, OK

Here's another new WRX owner from Tulsa! I just bought my first Subaru, it's not new, but it's new to me

I've got an 03 WRX Wagon, Sonic Yellow, looking pretty stock, aside from rims.

I don't really know of many hangouts in the area, I know there's a hangout at Fuddruckers on Tuesdays, and I've been seeing cars on Saturday or Sunday afternoons in a closed grocery store parking lot near 71st and N 23rd (County Line).

Cool, thanks for the info! I drove by a house right off 71st, just west of memorial today and saw two mid 2000s WRXs. So i know they are around. What do you do man? are you a native Tulsan?
    - David
    Tulsa, OK

I've not seen too many, but I've only been watching for them for 2 weeks..

I'm not a native Tulsan, moved here about 7 years ago from Philadelphia area, to teach for a Wrap Training class. Now I'm a full time wrap designer/printer/installer.

What about you?

Oh, and I think that Fuddruckers meet I mentioned may be on Thursdays, not Tuesdays?

Oh that is a cool job man! Pennsyvania eh? I bet thats a pretty cool place to grow up. I hope you are liking oklahoma. I'm originally from OKC, but I have lived in stillwater and tulsa for multiple years.

Is it the Fuddruckers on 71st and hwy 64? I live in that part of town, I'll have to check it out sometime.
    - David
    Tulsa, OK

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.