install of a twin scroll turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on install of a twin scroll turbo within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; so i am trying to build my car to an insane ammount of power and this is just a small ...

install of a twin scroll turbo

so i am trying to build my car to an insane ammount of power and this is just a small thing to my progression. i have been wondering for a while and what i want to know is if i can just put any twin scroll turbo on my rex or if i have to get a specific type of twin scroll turbo installed. so far the only one is a small one almost like the stock sti turbo but im looking for something that can push me to and past 40 psi. any help would be greatly appriciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What car do you have?

You don't really seem to have a good grasp on making power with an EFI engine. It's not just "new turbo, crank up the boost". If that's what you truly want (a turbo that can make 30+PSI), then be prepared to spend $25K or more getting your car there. At which point, honestly, I'd say you're better off on a different platform.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    So basically you're looking at building something like this but with even more boost? How good of a fabricator are you and what's your budget? Last I saw evo X's were barely handling that. You're better off with turbocharging a v8 and going on "Street Outlaws" and climbing the list.

Nightshift Performance, JrTuned, 02 WRX/ Precision 6765 -- 828WHP - NASIOC

Here's another ~40psi car too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_hqVkix6Xo

I could be wrong, but you did say 'insane power' and i'm assuming you're wanting to use a very large twin scroll when you said you don't want to use the stock jdm sti twin scroll. I'm just making a bunch of assumptions but this would be a crazy build if you do it. For all I know you're a drag racer with his own tuning shop...but, then you wouldn't be on here asking questions. Get a hold of a tuner on the phone or go drive to a shop and pick their brain. 40psi is a lot of power especially on a large turbo...like you said, 'insane.'

Do you have a build thread?
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 09-07-2013 at 10:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.