Looking for Stock(Rear) Coilovers and Mounts
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking for Stock(Rear) Coilovers and Mounts within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey guys, Had my 2007 Limited Ed. STI for about a year now and the back coilovers went out on ...

Angry Looking for Stock(Rear) Coilovers and Mounts

Hey guys,

Had my 2007 Limited Ed. STI for about a year now and the back coilovers went out on me

Was just wondering if anyone was wanting to get rid of some from their STI coilovers and mounts if they are just laying around the garage Would greatly appriciate it!! Thanks for the help and love the site!!

P.S. I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Coilovers or the stock struts?

I replaced my blown 05 STI struts with Feal 441 Coilovers...so I have the blown stock ones just laying around. You can send them out to be rebuilt for a decent price (much cheaper than anything you can find to replace what we have for STIs, especially since there really are no aftermarket strut options...)
    rallyracingsuspension.com - Home

Let me know what you think...I'd sell em for a cheap price
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Yeah sorry I meant the struts Coilovers is what I have on it right now. I replied to your other posts though.

Ahhhhh ok...getting back to your other post...it took me a moment to realize you checked it out twice.

Bottom line is...as much as I want to sell them, you don't want my stock struts.

Well you don't want to just replace two KWs. It's pretty much impossible to do that anyway. Not really anyone sells just two coilovers out of a set of 4 anyway. You're gonna want to get them rebuilt...so I'd contact KW directly and see if they offer a service to rebuild like a lot of coilover companies do. If you don't want to do this, then figure out a solution to replace all four corners with the same type of setup, at the same time.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Yeah hopefully they wont be an arm and a leg. I guess the oil just came out of them or something from what the dealership told me. The washers i guess busted, but I'll ask them how much it would be to rebuild them. Thing is I don't wanna pay someone to take the damn things off then back on. Gonna be alot more money that way you think?

Take them off yourself. It's easy.

Sounds to me like you don't know entirely what you're working with here. If you pull the rears off to get a rebuild, then the car is going to be inoperable. Usually takes a week or two turnaround time for a rebuild from anywhere (longer depending on where you need to ship them). Dealer isn't going to know squat about how much or anything about how to rebuild coilovers. I can pretty much guarantee you that.

If you have another car to drive you're fine then.

But if you have down time, how much is that down time worth to you? You can either replace all 4 corners with new coilovers of some kind which would cost anywhere from $1000-$3000 for parts alone, plus alignment.

Or you can purchase spring/strut combos, which are very difficult to find due to the lack of actual aftermarket struts available for 05-07 STIs...and replace all 4 corners. If you were to buy stock units from the dealer...you're looking at $1200+ labor easy. They charge an arm and a leg for the stock components.

Or you could buy a set of used struts/springs that you could find that may or may not be in good condition, then replace all 4 corners, sell KWs to recoup the money.

Or you could buy a set of blown used struts/springs and have them rebuilt while you can still drive your car until they come back to you ready to put on. Then sell the KWs to recoup the money (someone WILL buy KWs cause they are a known quality brand of Coilover).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.