Contemplating jumping from an '11 WRX to an '07 STi. Thoughts? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Contemplating jumping from an '11 WRX to an '07 STi. Thoughts? within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Well, she's returned to stock, at least as far as the engine mods go. Got The stock map flashed, need ...

Contemplating jumping from an '11 WRX to an '07 STi. Thoughts?

Well, she's returned to stock, at least as far as the engine mods go. Got The stock map flashed, need to load and flash my stage 1 map 'til I sell her. Got a few more things to take care of first, i.e. get the bumper painted once it comes in, install it and the fender liners, replace some of the trim inside, get her repolished, and put the stock suspension back on.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Whelp, it's been a bit since I updated. Couple stupid hiccups since that have slowed my roll. Popped out the CV end of my axle out of my tranny while changing the struts, leaked all the oil out after I popped it back in, so figured I knicked the seal. Dealership popped it back in a little bit more and everything was fixed. Lol, I felt dumb.

Power steering fluid is leaking out, about a quart in the last 1.5-2 months. Dealership dude said its the rack & pinion leaking. Getting it fixed after the parts come in.

The dash lights I had before have come back, hill assist and traction control off lights again. It was my steering angle sensor that caused it before, so it's probably tweaking out again. I'll go get it taken care of as soon as I get the stock steering wheel back on.

Another thing that came back was the gap in-between the cowl and the bottom of the windshield. It got replaced before, so I'll get it taken care of again.

Last thing I'm waiting on is getting the bumper(& fender liners) installed by the shop that painted the new bumper. Car will get polished while it's in also.

As far as the STi, still hunting for the right one. Hard to find an almost unmolested hawkeye out there. There are a couple promising ones. There are 2 '07s here in town that I looked at, one in white and one in black. The white one falls into that category of "WTF was the retard PO thinking), it had a Megan DP and some eBay turbo, as well as a BOV. Another red mark for this one is the "dealership" that has it is part of a chain of them that do some ****ed up **** to cars; i.e. putting WRX turbos on STis.

The black one is pretty much stock, except for the BOV I could deal with, it is obviously previously modded though, judging by the lack of the turbo heat shield. However they want $27k for a 6 y/o car with over 70k on the clock, and refuse to haggle lower.

Hunt continues though, thinking I'm definitely going to have take a decent drive to go after the most likely choice.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

Completely back to stock look now. Gonna kind of miss her, since she's looking so good now. Oh well, almost gone now.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

Little do they know you've done some fun off roading in it
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Shhh.... don't tell anybody.... :rofl:
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Completely back to stock look now. Gonna kind of miss her, since she's looking so good now. Oh well, almost gone now.
    This
    This
    Shhh.... don't tell anybody.... :rofl:
    And this

Is why I refuse to buy a used car. I feel sorry for the guy that buys this wrx. Seems like its been beat to hell and back

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    This

This

And this

Is why I refuse to buy a used car. I feel sorry for the guy that buys this wrx. Seems like its been beat to hell and back
    Seriously dude? GTFO of my thread if you're not going to contribute. If you're afraid of a car that's seen some mud go back to civics. It's a ****ing Subaru, a little mud isn't going to kill it. Ooh, yeah some paint got scratched.... Oh, that's right; it's a Subaru, look at it wrong and the paint scratches. Touch it? Oh, paints scratched. Weird, maybe there is something there. Sounds like you're one of these clowns that doesn't drive a Subaru in the snow or rain.
    Last edited by gregroot198521; 12-25-2012 at 01:56 AM.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

Seriously dude? GTFO of my thread if you're not going to contribute. If you're afraid of a car that's seen some mud go back to civics. It's a ****ing Subaru, a little mud isn't going to kill it. Ooh, yeah some paint got scratched.... Oh, that's right; it's a Subaru, look at it wrong and the paint scratches. Touch it? Oh, paints scratched. Weird, maybe there is something there. Sounds like you're one of these clowns that doesn't drive a Subaru in the snow or rain.
    Yeah I'll have to +1 this one.

Seriously...just cause it's seen some offroading, doesn't mean it's been beat on or beat to crap. Gregroot has actually taken quite good care of this car, and done modifications to it so that it could even adequately handle some offroading better than a stock WRX. Guess nobody should ever buy a Jeep or a pick-up used ever either.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Yeah I'll have to +1 this one.

Seriously...just cause it's seen some offroading, doesn't mean it's been beat on or beat to crap. Gregroot has actually taken quite good care of this car, and done modifications to it so that it could even adequately handle some offroading better than a stock WRX. Guess nobody should ever buy a Jeep or a pick-up used ever either.
    This. At least my Scooby has stock components back in, instead of the used Jeeps and trucks that someone would buy with beat to **** suspension still installed. An thank you Mikie, oh and happy birthday, happy holidays (**** that: merry Christmas) and soon; happy New Year!
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

Haha thanks dude! hope you had a Merry Christmas as well! I hate the non-denominational "Happy Holidays" thing...it's Christmas, so wish me a Merry Christmas. If you wish me a Happy Hanukkah, I'd be perfectly fine with it as well considering that's the holiday at the moment. I find it to be very nice that someone takes the time to wish another person good tidings for any holiday at all! /Rant

Haha thanks dude! hope you had a Merry Christmas as well! I hate the non-denominational "Happy Holidays" thing...it's Christmas, so wish me a Merry Christmas. If you wish me a Happy Hanukkah, I'd be perfectly fine with it as well considering that's the holiday at the moment. I find it to be very nice that someone takes the time to wish another person good tidings for any holiday at all! /Rant
    Meh, it didn't feel like Christmas here, no snow for me, first time in the last 27 years.....

Lol, yeah, I've been screwing with some of my army buddies by replying to "Merry Christmas!" texts with Happy Chanukah!. My one really Christian buddy hasn't replied yet. I'll see him when I go back to VA this weekend, but I won't have my Scoob to enjoy the snow.... Just the wife's Corolla.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

I went down from a 08 WRX to a 07 STI Limited and I love my 07 better than my 08. So much simpler not only on mechanical wise but interior as well. But it's up to you honeslty

Quote Originally Posted by UNiKMeTaLLiX View Post
    I went down from a 08 WRX to a 07 STI Limited and I love my 07 better than my 08. So much simpler not only on mechanical wise but interior as well. But it's up to you honeslty
    Oh, no worries, I've already sold myself (and the wife) on why I want a GD STi. Some of my family, and even some of hers doesn't understand the reasoning behind getting a car that's more of a raw car, but that's alright, my money, my choice.

I've ultimately decided on an '06, love the pig nose/hawkeye front end more than the blobeye, but still stay with some of the rawness that '04/05 had.

Oh, and in that note, I finally made my FS thread, so it seems more real that things are going to be said goodbye to.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

Found the right one finally. It's not perfect, but it runs strong. Power steering whines like a teenager, but I've seen threads on that before, so I'll either figure out the problem, or get a q-rack someday.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    TTIUWOP
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.