Contemplating jumping from an '11 WRX to an '07 STi. Thoughts? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Contemplating jumping from an '11 WRX to an '07 STi. Thoughts? within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by gregroot198521 Pics of the one I'm looking at:...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Pics of the one I'm looking at:
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Contemplating jumping from an '11 WRX to an '07 STi. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    :ROFL: I'll assume that means you approve? She's all stock except for the SPT intake according to the manager at the Subie dealer.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, there's not much detail in the pics, but it looks great. All stock is definitely a plus.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

It does look great! Could be an awesome find. SPT intakes don't cause problems on the 07 STIs...but you will want to look into getting it tuned ASAP at least with Stage 1 considering the stock 07 tunes were horribly lean (Subaru actually offered a reflash to fix that, but there's no guarantee it would have ever received it).

If it checks out and financially makes more sense for you, I'd think its a great pick up. There's just something about the 05-07 STIs that are just more "raw" than the new ones obviously. I like them that much more because of it myself.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Hell yeah!! Can't wait to check it out, and take it for a spin. It'll be my first time in a six speed, though I have the utmost confidence in my ability to get fluent. I'll let y'all know how it goes, and hopefully I'll be starting a new build thread very soon. Think I have one on here for Roxey. :huh:
    Last edited by gregroot198521; 09-24-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like my dream car!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Looks like my dream car!
    Don't make me have to hunt you down.... :/

You already have a hawk-eye according to your profile, so outa my kool-aid, lol! Couple of 'me closer to you too, one in Newport News, one somewhere in NC, and one in Nashville too, IIRC. All too far away, I get very little free time here, and I hate flying.
    Last edited by gregroot198521; 09-24-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Don't make me have to hunt you down.... :/

You already have a hawk-eye according to your profile, so outa my kool-aid, lol! Couple of 'me closer to you too, one in Newport News, one somewhere in NC, and one in Nashville too, IIRC. All too far away, I get very little free time here, and I hate flying.
    Hahaha yes I do own Hawkeye but, it's OBP and only a WRX.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Some ****-nibbler beat me to her..... So the hunt shall continue. Again..... Oh well, gives me extra time to get Roxie prepared to go back to stock. I'll keep hunting and ill either have to take some leave and get one from Cali in SWP(which is the top color choice now, WRB in second) or find a great deal in one in a less desirable color, get the bottom half Line-Xed, and the top half repainted to a white. Gotta show off the dirt easier, you know.
    Last edited by gregroot198521; 09-26-2012 at 12:02 AM.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

So I checked it out a little today. 82k mi on the car, owner bought it 3 years ago with ~60k on it. The only mods on it are a basic stage 2 setup with an OTS stage 2 Cobb map. Bolt ons are: SPT CBE, GrimmSpeed UP, Cobb catted DP, Forge BPV and Perrin intake (not installed). Suspension/ wheels: BC Racing coil overs, adjustable camber plates, stock 17x8 BBS' and 17x9 Work Emotion(2 sets of wheels). Guess he has a second trunk with a "Mines Rep. Spoiler." Kicker door speakers are also on the list, but I didn't read the entire list. He wants $20k for the whole shebangle, strikes me as a good deal.

Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bratte88 View Post
    07 Sti is the worst year Sti built. For some reason Subaru didn't make all the engine internals forged so it's basically a wrx inside

-Brian
    2012 SWP WRX hatch
    Hi. You're wrong. That is all.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Work wheels are nice as hell. Not a terrible price...I paid $19k for my 2005 STI 2 years ago with 80k on the clock, so I guess its relative.

Depending on how long the BCs have been on there, they may need rebuilds as they usually don't last more than 15-20k. They certainly won't stand up to the dirt and trail running you like to do though...so take that for what you will. But hey, if you can get it checked out by a mechanic (compression test and checked out) or do those yourself...it could be a great deal since the mods are pretty mild. Did this current owner buy it stock?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Work wheels are nice as hell. Not a terrible price...I paid $19k for my 2005 STI 2 years ago with 80k on the clock, so I guess its relative.

Depending on how long the BCs have been on there, they may need rebuilds as they usually don't last more than 15-20k. They certainly won't stand up to the dirt and trail running you like to do though...so take that for what you will. But hey, if you can get it checked out by a mechanic (compression test and checked out) or do those yourself...it could be a great deal since the mods are pretty mild. Did this current owner buy it stock?
    Yeah, that's what I remembered about the Works too. How much you think I could get for them, a grand? I'll probably keep the stockers around for awhile, plus I have a buddy here with an 04 that messed up and bought a stock BBS from an 05, said he'd sell it to me for a $100. Basically I'll have a full size spare for both sets of wheels.

Pretty sure it was stock when he bought it, so ~20k on the BCs. I'm definitely planning on getting another set of Feal revalves on this one too, and those awesome King springs. Think I recall they had stock height ones for the GDs too, or go with the ~1.5" lift ones again.

I'll have to hunt down a DIY on doing the test myself, and make the tool I guess too. Unless it requires a compressor, then I might need to just get a shop to do it.
    Last edited by gregroot198521; 09-28-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

Well, the dude sold the STi to a small auto "dealer" here, and I use dealer loosely, for an older Cobra. Still possible to get it though, I suppose, think ill try and get her as close to stock as possible this weekend. So I suppose I'll be starting the FS thread I've been planning pretty soon too.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

Well, I went to go look at the car a little better today, at the shop the dude sold it too. Went at about 4, and sold not too long after I checked it out. This ****s getting crazy with people buying right after I get some info on the car. Apparently the dude who it did belong to I'd friends with the awesome service guy at the dealership. Anyways, super-awesome-service-dude (or: SASD, what he shall be called by me on the interwebz) at the dealership told me he has another friend selling a WRB 07 STi here. I'm going to hit SASD up tomorrow and get the dudes number, and find out more about the car.

In news with Roxie, I stopped at the dealership and bought a new bumper skin, and fender liners for the return to stock. Also got a few more small pieces ordered off the web too.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.