Subaru WRX Forum banner

(PA) Perrin license plate delete

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  SCMedic 
#1 ·
Does any one know how to install the Perrin license plate delete on a 2006 WRX, with out taking the front bumper off, you'de figure that the front bumper license plate holes would be threaded already but from reason they arent. So any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Elm

#3 ·
you have to take the bumper off

#4 ·
I figured that be the best way to do it, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to take the bumper off, it's probably really easy to take off but I just can't figure it out, do you have any ideas on how to take it off, or any where I can get info on how to, thanks

Elm

#9 ·
I put on on my 02. Yes you should take off the bumper. I did it by taking off the grille and inserts, then the clips that hold the bumper cover to the bumper support. Then I gently pulled the bumper cover away from the car and snuck the nuts in behind, while I had the perrin plate taped in place so I could use both hands.

I know it sucks!!!! There should be pre-threaded holes for the lic-plate, but there aren't. Besides the recesed hex bolts, that sit flush look sweet and clean.

#10 ·
I got mine done today, in about 2 seconds.. Went to Walmart, got the license plate install kit with the plastic plugs and the spreading prongs on them.. Went home, wedged them into the bumper holes, and used the Perrin supplied screw's with the allen wrench.. Works great, and it's on there damn good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.