legacy 2.5 GT can I instakk a 3.0 Boxer engine in my Legacy?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on legacy 2.5 GT can I instakk a 3.0 Boxer engine in my Legacy? within the Request a Tutorial/DIY forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Can I install a 6 cylinder 3.0 boxer engine in a Legacy 2.5 GT?...

legacy 2.5 GT can I instakk a 3.0 Boxer engine in my Legacy?

Can I install a 6 cylinder 3.0 boxer engine in a Legacy 2.5 GT?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've seen a video of the same engine in an sti so I would assume you could as they engine layout is similar
    Stinkeye member 520

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    I've seen a video of the same engine in an sti so I would assume you could as they engine layout is similar
    I got a code of - P1152 & P1153 it said intake runner stuck open. The other problem was Start up switch (low) Can anyone help me?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by robert f b View Post
    I got a code of - P1152 & P1153 it said intake runner stuck open. The other problem was Start up switch (low) Can anyone help me?
    Is this on the 2.5L, or did you swap in EZ30?

I would expect the swap to be quite difficult electrically, as the harnesses will not be compatible AT ALL. While both engines have AVCS, the EZ30 engine has active valve lift, in addition to timing. Mechanically, it should fit fine, as it's just an inch or two longer than the 4-cyl engines, and the engine/transmission mounts are the same, as far as I know.
    You'd want to beef up the front springs to compensate for the additional weight.

As far as the codes you're seeing, it sounds like you have a TGV delete. What modifications does the car have?

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.