2013 WRX DIN Gauge Pod Install

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX DIN Gauge Pod Install within the Request a Tutorial/DIY forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; So i've been reading posts on different forums of people trying to doing this, but I haven't found one where ...

2013 WRX DIN Gauge Pod Install

So i've been reading posts on different forums of people trying to doing this, but I haven't found one where they use 52mm gauges. I've seen the Defi triple gauge pod for the DIN location, but i'm not a fan of the gauge selection, nor do i like that they're in metric units (call me anal, but if i'm going to go through the trouble to install it, I want it the way I want it ha).

This all came about when I was looking to upgrade the crappy stock head unit. I've looked at double DIN HU's and haven't been too impressed. The screen quality is not anywhere up to date with current technology (at least in the price range that I could justify spending on a HU), and the lack of a physical volume knob on many of them is very annoying. I'm not buying the HU for the "wow" factor I wanted to buy it to improve and expand the sub-par stock sound system. This lead me to single DIN HU's, and what I should/could possibly do with the remaining space.

Found some generic options, but as I'm sure many of you agree with me I don't like the "One size fits all" solution.

I'm not sure if this is actually possible, but I'm going to keep researching it and see if i can come up with a good solution.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Single Din looks ugly. Pioneer makes nice screens.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

i know it looks ugly, and i agree that the pioneers' had the nicest screens, but not having the voume knob is annoying.

i did just see this however:

--MBR - STORE--

which would let me do double DIN and the gauge pods

Why do you need a volume button on the radio? You have steering wheel controls that you can wire up to work.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

There are tons of good Double DIN options. Single does just look out of place. Keep on searching and you'll find what you're looking for.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying