Safe car lifting practices! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Safe car lifting practices! within the Request a Tutorial/DIY forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by Ruh Roh yep tq em down then. i have tq specs for em but for bugeye-07 i ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    yep tq em down then. i have tq specs for em but for bugeye-07 i guess. not sure if they changed for the 3rd gen.
    I'm buying a bunch of suspension parts today so ill have many questions in a new thread soon
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Safe car lifting practices!

yep tq em down then. i have tq specs for em but for bugeye-07 i guess. not sure if they changed for the 3rd gen.
    Torque specs would be nice!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

Front Sway Bar/Endlinks install 06 STi Perrin - NASIOC

tq specs are at end of the post. going to look for another link to make sure they are correct.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

and heres the post i was looking for, great guide by Big Sky WRX

Torque specs/socket (wrench) size for suspension/powertrain
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

I Support ClubWRX
    When I did my TBE and sways, I used 2 sets of ramps. Drove the car up on the front set, used a floor jack for the rear under the diff, and put the ramps under the rear wheels. That way I had a safe 6" or so of lift, plenty of creeper access, and the suspension under load.

Now I have a maxjax
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

How much was that Jeremy? J/w.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    When I did my TBE and sways, I used 2 sets of ramps. Drove the car up on the front set, used a floor jack for the rear under the diff, and put the ramps under the rear wheels. That way I had a safe 6" or so of lift, plenty of creeper access, and the suspension under load.

Now I have a maxjax

not a bad idear. i only have two ramps. when i go to do rear sway i think i may be able to do it with it not on ramps otherwise ill just have the rear up
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    How much was that Jeremy? J/w.
    Well I got the maxjax, 2 roller seats, 8 gal rolling oil drain drum, motorcycle adapter, 6" pad risers for just under $2000 shipped to the truck terminal.

The MSRP for all of it was around $2500 or so + shipping.

When they came out, they ran a special on garageforum.com for $1500 shipped to drum up interest. Every now and again they put together a group buy on auto forums or garageforum.com for $18XX shipped without all the accessories.

You can get a normal lift for about the same price, but this is the only thing that would fit in my garage besides a pad style lift.

I honestly love it. I felt bad spending the money until I used it to change my clutch and most recently my timing belt. I use it for oil changes all the time. It is marketed as movable, but how I have it installed, I just leave it bolted in place. My only complaint would be that the HYD quick couplers aren't of the best quality, but one phone call to gesusa.com (who although marketed as a reseller is actually the MFG of the lift and a subsidiary of Bendpack) and they sent me not 1, not 2, but a whole set of new hyd fittings and told me to keep the old ones. They really care about customer service and I fully support it.

not a bad idear. i only have two ramps. when i go to do rear sway i think i may be able to do it with it not on ramps otherwise ill just have the rear up
    You know I used to only have 2 ramps as well, but when I was installing my Turbo back and sways I bought another set. For $50 it is unbelievably convenient.

That and I had an acquaintance die tragically when the hotrod he was working on fell off jack stands and crushed him. He layed there for hours until his wife figured something was wrong and drove to his shop to find him dead. I think about that every time I get under a car....

That was a heavy decision factor in buying a lift and some high rise support stands for it, when doing my clutch. I just don't trust the available jack stand spots on the WRX.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Looks like it's pretty awesome! When I get a garage...I'm all about it! ha
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX

Safe car lifting practices!

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post

Now I have a maxjax
    Dang. So jelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I Support ClubWRX
    This is what I dream of

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX

Safe car lifting practices!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    This is what I dream of
    4 posts are good for several jobs, but not everything. My uncle had a 4 post at his shop that I used all the time until he changed his business focus 4 years ago. He had the trolley jacks, and while it was great for oil changes, exhaust work, and brakes, it was a PITA to do suspension (especially solid axle) and any transmission removal stuff.

4 posts are quicker to use in a lot of cases, but a 2 post while inherently more intimidating has more applications and is more versatile.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12