03 T-Stat replacement

This is a discussion on 03 T-Stat replacement within the Request a Tutorial/DIY forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; At idle and while driving my temp gauge will almost touch the red zone then more times than not at ...

03 T-Stat replacement

At idle and while driving my temp gauge will almost touch the red zone then more times than not at a point it will go back down to operating temp. Fans kick in, and the vents blow cold air with the selector in the intake poshion and the heat dial turned to heat. so with that said I am asking for a tutorial on a t-stat replacement (location would be greatly appreciated). sorry lack of info 03 Subie wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I Support ClubWRX
    Buy an authentic Subaru thermostat, authentic Subaru coolant, and an authentic Subaru thermostat gasket. If your housing is pitted on the outside where the lower rad hose clamps, buy a new housing also. If the hoses are old, now's the time.

You do not have to remove any fans and maybe if the guy in the link had not disassembled half his car in the cold he'd have less of an adventure.

Drain the coolant, replace what needs replacing (see above), and burp the system.

In fact, if the car just started doing this overheating thing recently and you've also recently opened up the cooling system for any reason, burp the system. You may not need any of this stuff.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.