Removal of Head lights on 2002 WRX

This is a discussion on Removal of Head lights on 2002 WRX within the Request a Tutorial/DIY forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Does any one have a DIY on removal om head lights ?? if not could someone tell me how to ...

Removal of Head lights on 2002 WRX

Does any one have a DIY on removal om head lights ?? if not could someone tell me how to remove them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Look at the tabs holding the inserts between the visible body of the headlamp and the grille. Remove those inserts for access to the headlamp.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Not hard - I've actually done this before.

1. Pull the grille off (4 tabs on top - get with a flathead screwdriver, I had no problems with the tabs on the bottom since my uncle put the bumper on wrong ).
    2. Pull the grille sidepiece off (tab on top, pop up with screwdriver, something similar to the grille on the bottom).
    3. 3 bolts (12 or 14mm or similar - I'm sure you can figure this out) right in front. Take them out.
    4. Pull the headlight straight forward (there's a weird inaccessible clip-like contraption... you'll see it when you get it out). You can't twist or anything, just pull in the direction of the front of the car.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

That's awesome thanks guys I may have more questions but sounds good for now My last car I had to drop the bumper! and take the grill out!