ProSport Mechanical Boost Gauge Install

This is a discussion on ProSport Mechanical Boost Gauge Install within the Request a Tutorial/DIY forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I searched the forum, but has anyone actually ever installed one? I get the vacum tube part, that seems easy.I ...

ProSport Mechanical Boost Gauge Install

I searched the forum, but has anyone actually ever installed one? I get the vacum tube part, that seems easy.I do have a hybrid bov though, that won't cause a problem will it? I pretty much cut the line thats coming out of the BOV and attach the T and then hook up the vacum line....easy enough! What about the wires coming out the back of the gauge to light it up? Where do I put those? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont know about the hybrid BOV, but just my .02 head to the store and get some good vacuum tubing, and instead of cutting the line going to the BOV just add a new piece AFTER the T.. that way if you want to scrap the gauge you don't have to worry about your line being too short...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    I searched the forum, but has anyone actually ever installed one? I get the vacum tube part, that seems easy.I do have a hybrid bov though, that won't cause a problem will it? I pretty much cut the line thats coming out of the BOV and attach the T and then hook up the vacum line....easy enough! What about the wires coming out the back of the gauge to light it up? Where do I put those? Thanks!

Don't mean to bump an old one, but hey at least it's still 2009!

How did your install go? I spliced my wiring from my clock which seems to work out fine.

My only question going forward is that this is my first non-electrical boost gauge install... and I'm curious if an in-line filter is needed on a mechanical? My guess is no because Prosport didn't supply one...

Also, what's with the supplied plastic T fitting that has one end kinda plugged with some sort of little brass pill looking thing? Is that important/special? Am I supposed to use that end especially for one side of the setup i.e. gauge?