Subaru WRX Forum banner

E46 M3 Anyone?

8K views 94 replies 22 participants last post by  chuglobal 
#1 ·
Does anyone know someone or who personally has 2001+ E46 M3 around the Atlanta area that wouldn't mind giving me a quick race someday? I would only saw 1 guy w/ a new M3 but he left before I could talk to him. I would like to see how my REX does against a $60K car. :p

#52 ·
Re: Dead Anteater

Wasted M3 Drive said:
You guys crack me up... Racing in the wet. You stop light racer's need to come join me at the track one day...

I'll be at Roebling Road July 3rd and back at Atlanta Motor Speedway Aug 3rd and 4th.
Hey man, I'm up for a track day some time... Probably not July as I'll be finding ways of blowing my fingers off with fireworks but definatly in Aug.

As far as stop light racers, I'll get out there on the track with you if you'll take that pretty M3 out on the rally cross with us. I promise one of us will get a wench on the front of our cars to help pull ya out when the nose dives. :D

#54 ·
Yo

Track, RallyX, AutoX, dry, rain, snow, ice, dirt, mud, etc I'm all over it ... this is too much fun sometimes. :p

#56 ·
I'll pass on the "mud"

chuglobal said:
Track, RallyX, AutoX, dry, rain, snow, ice, dirt, mud, etc I'm all over it ... this is too much fun sometimes. :p
I love the big tracks, wet or dry (though i do prefer dry).
Autocross is ok for a quick fix, but i get bored weaving the cones.

I much prefer turn 1 and the bustop at Brainerd, or 8 and 9 at WSIR.

There isnt much sweeter than blowing past a Slick equipped Viper GTS on the exit of turn 9; on stock tires.............

except maybe when you roll past him in the pits, and he sees exactly what just "tooled" him.

#59 ·
Humm ...

They'll think why did they buy a roadster when a 4 door car will pass them on the tracks in bad weather. ;)

#60 ·
HEHEH, I used to take advantage of rainy days and Quattro on the street, and

driving around the outside of other cars at speeds that 2wd cars just couldnt do easily, was admittedly a blast. But, I caught sight of a few truly terrified drivers,

even though they were on the inside line, or were just behind me as I set up for a nice fun little "off throttle, snap the back end out a bit, throttle on and pull it into the start of the corner, dial it up to full throttle and leave everyone behind" they just would have these looks on their faces like: Horror!

So I just stopped horsing around in the wet, uneducated people just "dont get it". So the response is always one of FEAR.

Im not out to scare anyone ('cept maybe myself ;) ), just having a tad bit O' fun!

I dont even want to tell you what I did to the family car when i was a kid, but I will tell you this: you dont actually need those "special tires" to drive a car down the street on 2 wheels (on it's side). hehhehehheee!

#61 ·
Humm ...

I still need to do a track day sometime. However I want my vanity plate and comcorder before I go. :p

#62 ·
why dont we see what happens when you set a turbo in a M3

Why dont you go down to Florida and see what Active Autowerkes has to throw at you with your rice burner. LOL

Not talking about $55k e46 talking about a e36

#63 ·
Let put it this way the US spec WRX is only the beginning. You M3 guys will soon be facing STI, EVO, 350Z TT, Boxster S etc. They will be moded for sure. So have fun and stop trashing WRX since we are not the one that your community should be worry about.

Car are never fast enough and be the king long enough. Something will come along and hand u ur a** :D

#64 ·
Uhh...why should Richard have to drive down to Florida to find a good race against a turbo bmw? I'm sure there are plenty of wrx's in Florida with as much mods as him and more.

Consider this...Richards car is MILDLY modified. It's not like he has a heavily modded car. Simple exhaust and mbc. There are PLENTY of wrx's around putting down as much power as him and much much more. Have you missed the point of this thread, are you DENSE? "HELLOOO, MCFLY??" It's saying that a simply modified wrx can hold its own against a e46 m3!

Take your head outta yer arse and do a search on here and i-club. 12 sec wrx's are EVERYWHERE and the car has barely been in the states a year, ALL from simple bolt-ons. 10 and 11 sec wrx's are just around the corner. How common are 12 sec e36 m3's (or even e46 m3's)? :rolleyes:

If anything, pit a heavily modded streetable m3 and wrx against each other.

I love bmw's, hell, I've owned 2, it's just clueless ignorant d*ckhead owners like you that ruin it. We don't need your "kraut burning" arse on our board. :p

BTW, if you're ever down my way, I'll teach you a thing or two...

#65 ·
AmSFighter said:
Uhh...why should Richard have to drive down to Florida to find a good race against a turbo bmw? I'm sure there are plenty of wrx's in Florida with as much mods as him and more.

Consider this...Richards car is MILDLY modified. It's not like he has a heavily modded car. Simple exhaust and mbc. There are PLENTY of wrx's around putting down as much power as him and much much more. Have you missed the point of this thread, are you DENSE? "HELLOOO, MCFLY??" It's saying that a simply modified wrx can hold its own against a e46 m3!

Take your head outta yer arse and do a search on here and i-club. 12 sec wrx's are EVERYWHERE and the car has barely been in the states a year, ALL from simple bolt-ons. 10 and 11 sec wrx's are just around the corner. How common are 12 sec e36 m3's (or even e46 m3's)? :rolleyes:

If anything, pit a heavily modded streetable m3 and wrx against each other.

I love bmw's, hell, I've owned 2, it's just clueless ignorant d*ckhead owners like you that ruin it. We don't need your "kraut burning" arse on our board. :p

BTW, if you're ever down my way, I'll teach you a thing or two...
Yeah tell him like it is :D

#66 ·
lol

Dear Rice burner owner,
First of all I said to go down to Florida because thats where Active Autowerkes is based out of. Also, there are plenty of 12 sec e46 M3's, now 12 second e36's arent everywhere, you put a turbo inside a NATURALLY ASPIRATED e36, to make it fair against your turbo, and 12 seconds is no problem at all. Its those ignorant d*ckheads like you that really ruin this fine board. I have a friend with a AA turbo e36 in atlanta that wants to show you what his car is made of too.

Love,
Trevor

#67 ·
Re: lol

bmwm3n528 said:
Dear Rice burner owner,
First of all I said to go down to Florida because thats where Active Autowerkes is based out of. Also, there are plenty of 12 sec e46 M3's, now 12 second e36's arent everywhere, you put a turbo inside a NATURALLY ASPIRATED e36, to make it fair against your turbo, and 12 seconds is no problem at all. Its those ignorant d*ckheads like you that really ruin this fine board. I have a friend with a AA turbo e36 in atlanta that wants to show you what his car is made of too.

Love,
Trevor
dude, this is like ur second post on this board - don't you think you're the one thats ruining the board, especially w/ all the commotion you've caused w/ ONLY 2 posts on clubwrx?

anyways, back to the real issue:

how long have e46/e36's been around? the wrx has been out only a year (like AmSfighter said). and so what if they're NA, how many people have their's turboed compared to the number of wrx owners that have their cars in the 12s? honestly, just by looking at the number of mods you listed, your e36 sounds like a heavily modified car, w/ lots of money put into it. chuglobal has hardly spent more than a few grand to make his car as fast as it is, so stop calling his car a "rice burner", aight? it wont take him that long (or that much money) to get him into the 12s, and there are ALOT of other wrx's doing the same, so watch out

-Robert

#68 ·
Re: lol

bmwm3n528 said:
Dear Rice burner owner,

Love,
Trevor
I think I've met that guy with AA turbo E36 here in Atlanta. Is it a black guy with a silver E36? He's a nice guy and he wooped the shiiit out of my friends wrx with an aftermarket turbo from a roll. It might of been closer if they ran from a stop. He said it put down 375 hp @ 10psi.:eek: Nice, clean car and it was definately a sleeper M3 since he looked stock.

#69 ·
yeah thats him

that car will raise heck, its definately a sleeper, except for the turbo whine. and penuinking, you think my car is heavily modded???? I have an intake a suspenion compnet and some performance headlights, how is that heavily modded??:confused:

#71 ·
I don't think it's so much with the 0-60 against the M3, it's more like the 0-100mph and beyond because the E46 just keeps on pulling like a bat out of hell...

I was so humiliated by a E46 on the freeway that I lost sight of him after about 30 seconds into the race:D

We just have bad gearing to blame.

#72 ·
hehe

my friend, you should know by now that when i say performance headlights, it doesn't mean lights that make you go faster. First of all performance doesn't just have to mean engine performance, handling performance, take off performance, etc. it can also mean performance of the headlights. Also, I am sorry to come on your board and "trash talk" your little cars, but its just when you start to compare them against real cars, is when I get a little round up:mad:. I'll leave it at that.

#73 ·
Re: hehe

bmwm3n528 said:
my friend, you should know by now that when i say performance headlights, it doesn't mean lights that make you go faster. First of all performance doesn't just have to mean engine performance, handling performance, take off performance, etc. it can also mean performance of the headlights. Also, I am sorry to come on your board and "trash talk" your little cars, but its just when you start to compare them against real cars, is when I get a little round up:mad:. I'll leave it at that.
I had a 97 M3, leased. It was a nice car, but how is it that the M3 is a real car and the WRX isn't? Just because it costs $15K less does not make it a lesser car...

#74 ·
my bad

guys I regret that I said that, cause I do like the WRX, I just dont see it as worthwhile competition to such cars as the M3. There both great cars, but im sorry i got on the board and just started saying trash. Anyway.

#76 · (Edited)
Trevor, how old are you? Seriously guy, if you're anything above 18, you've got some serious issues you need to work out. Really. :rolleyes:

BTW, I never stated that the wrx was the fastest car around, nor did I say that I had a m3 killer. I don't give a rats arse if someone in atlanta has a turbo'd m3. Great for them. I'll run them for fun, but I'm not talking sh*t saying I can whoop everyones arse. There will ALWAYS be cars that are faster than mine or aa's beemers. m3's aren't at the pinnacle of performance, but I'll admit that they are undoubtedly one of the best cars.

YOU come on here flaming away at us portraiting yourself as the foolish dolt. "rice burner this, rice burner that, blah blah blah." What makes the wrx not a worthy competitor performance and handling wise?? YOU are in a sense representing the bmw community and for you to disrespect us, you are the only ignorant d*ckhead.

-James-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.