Subaru WRX Forum banner

Broke the seat height lever … :unhappy:

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Sasquatch 
#1 ·
I was vacuuming out the WRX, lost my balance a bit, instinctively leaned on the first thing nearby (the seat height adjustment lever) to right myself and SNAP!! :unhappy:

It is still in one piece but has a crack in it. Aside from the local stealership, where might I find a replacement?

#2 ·
I'd say a junkyard, but I think most of those field rats are going to want to sell the whole seat rather then a part of it. To be honest I'd try to contact Seth, Subiegal, or Jack @ Annapolis Subaru and see what prices they have. Every once in awhile the dealer will surprise you with a price that makes sense, or they'll tell you that it's only offered as the whole seat packaged together. Good luck.

#5 ·
#7 ·
Trainrex said:
This is the exact reason why I never vacuum my car!!

:rotfl:
missing something trainrex ? your reply has a huge space .

#9 ·
C89ZX7R said:
missing something trainrex ? your reply has a huge space .
You are the one missing something...

That little ****er keeps his WRX (which looks amazing BTW) in his gargage under a car cover until he gets the time to drive it maybe twice a month.

Must be nice...:rolleyes:

#14 ·
Today it bothers me less - I will get a replacement, but had to rant yesterday.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

ElBartoRex said:
Sucks man....I feel for you---I hate imperfections in my car
As Blarg might say: "meh". The WRX is a fun car to drive, but loaded with imperfections new. The durable paint comes to mind. :rolleyes:

#15 ·
The day after I bought my car the handle caught on my pant leg as I was getting it out and it snapped. I tooke it back to the dealer and they replaced it for free. The new one sticks out less than the old one and appears to be stronger. The dealer says that it happened to quite a few people so they changed the design of the handle on the later 05's and onward.

#16 ·
cavallino333 said:
The day after I bought my car the handle caught on my pant leg as I was getting it out and it snapped. I tooke it back to the dealer and they replaced it for free. The new one sticks out less than the old one and appears to be stronger. The dealer says that it happened to quite a few people so they changed the design of the handle on the later 05's and onward.
It does seem oversized and flimsy. Meh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.