Subaru WRX Forum banner

Questions about buying a 2011 wrx with mods

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BigDaddyRex 
#1 ·
I am located in central jersey around Princeton. I found a 2011 wrx at a dealer that was traded in. I am a noob. The car is modded. It has a intake, catless down, exhaust, engine bay boost controller, and a older Cobb access port, maybe other things but I am no expert. The car seemed to drive fine, the TPMS was on. I am not sure what to look for with these mods, any advice would be great. Could these mods effect the reliability of the car or are the pretty safe? The car has around 44,000 miles on it and seems to be well cared for. If anyone in the area wants to inspect the car I would be happy to compensate them
for there time.

Thanks

#5 ·
Un modded WRX/STI

If you don't mind driving to Ma. My dealer has only un modded WRX/STI, sedans hatches whatever. Best Dealer in Ma!!
Let me know if your interested.

#6 ·
I am located in central jersey around Princeton. I found a 2011 wrx at a dealer that was traded in. I am a noob. The car is modded. It has a intake, catless down, exhaust, engine bay boost controller, and a older Cobb access port, maybe other things but I am no expert. The car seemed to drive fine, the TPMS was on. I am not sure what to look for with these mods, any advice would be great. Could these mods effect the reliability of the car or are the pretty safe? The car has around 44,000 miles on it and seems to be well cared for. If anyone in the area wants to inspect the car I would be happy to compensate them
for there time. Thanks
Part of the reason people like these cars is because they are so mod friendly. The mods you listed are not unusual or outrageous, but it is always tough when you don't know who actually installed them and how they were applied. Virtually any change in these cars requires a tune to match it. The Cobb AP is the easy tuner many of us use, but it is limited in what tunes it comes with. Pro-tunes or E-tunes can be added to match your car more accurately. You would want to know what tune is currently installed on the car (via the AP I assume) to be sure it matches up to the installed mods. If the tuning and mods don't match that can lead to real problems. I also would be concerned about the catless DP on the car - as NJ emissions could be an issue. Is the dealer willing to offer a warranty that takes into account the mods?

I have a 2011 Stg 2 using the standard Cobb tune and consider it a reliable and powerful package. I'm sure I could get more power out, but I also want the car to last and its got plenty of power for me. I'm in Flemington if I could be of any help.

Good luck!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.