Subaru WRX Forum banner

Not hitting target boost stock

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  13WrXx 
#1 ·
I have a stock 13 wrx and lately I have been noticing that my spt gauge has only been peaking at 10 and holding steady. Tonight when I did a wot pull my car peaked at 10 then dropped to 9, but it was 4 degrees out. Is it normal for boost to be lower when it's freezing out. And isn't stock peak 14.5 then taper down to 12.5. That's what my car used to hit.

#3 ·
Boost would not be going down in the cold. One thing that cold can cause though it loose connections. I would take a look around in your engine bay and make sure nothing has slipped loose. I would start with the intercooler as the connections here have been known to come loose.

#9 ·
just got back from the dealer. they saidd theey were able to hit 13 psi from 2nd into 3rd and that there are no problems.
On my drive home i still wasnt able to get it past 10 psi tho so idk what im ddoing wrong lol. I did get it to peak at 11 psi in 2nd for a quick second tho

#10 ·
When I was running a stock tune, mine would peak around 12 or so in the winter. From what I understand, the OEM tune has some sort of compensation on it during colder months, to keep it from creating too much power... Then again, what I have read on the internet may be entirely wrong, since it is the internet after all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.