Subaru WRX Forum banner

05 wrx tail lights wont turn off

11K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Shoopster 
#1 ·
Am a newby to a suby,recently my running lights became constantly on.have to pull the fuse to shut them off.anybody else experienced this, and have the solution??

#8 ·
My switch was broken. I had to take apart the steering column to fix it. :|

#12 ·
Yup I used to live in the UK. If you parked at night on a secondary highway in a villages you had to turn on that light. You were only suppose to do this for a temp time . It's odd... Just like. Having the single rear fog light which is essentially that same light.

#13 ·
Yes it's very handy and it's required in some places. I'd prefer if we could select which side to leave on, in other words if we could select to just leave on the left side parking lights since in the US we mostly park on the right side of the road etc. Older GM cars allowed this -- you could park an Opel on the right, flick the turn signal switch down with the car off, and have the left side parking lamps front and back -- but only the left side -- stay on all night.

#15 ·
Well you can't leave them on over night or your battery would die... I still say its useless, if your gonna be on the side of the road why not use the hazard lights its the same effect plus the fronts will be flashing too... So you'll have illumination from the front and the rear...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.