Subaru WRX Forum banner

Rebuilding 2005 STI engine need advice for what parts to use for 400hp $7000 limit???

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  fastsubie 
#1 ·
Help me rebuild my 2005 Impreza engine with information on what parts to put in! I put 7000$ of upgrades on before my car blew on the dyno tune, upgraded turbo to a blouch 18g model (good for 410hp) with upgraded injectors, fuel pump, cobb cold air intake, spark plugs, timing belt & pullies, invidia N1 exhaust & downpipe. I am looking to fully build a 350-400hp to the wheels engine with a 7000$ limit (winter + summer driving). Please help me with your advice for all parts to rebuild my engine block (also will be getting engine honed for slightly larger pistons).

#3 ·
What did you plan on salvaging from the old engine? The factory rods and crank are already good to go for the power levels you are talking. Basically you are just looking for a set of forged pistons like Manley 2618's.
Honestly if I were in the same boat, I would be calling Motion Labs to order up a ML500 2.5L and forget about rebuilding the old one. For about 3k you get a short-block easily capable of handling 400 WHP built by a very experienced team. As EJ257 said, the 20g isn't going to provide the power you are looking for. I'd go with a Dom3 since you already have a good exhaust for factory flanges. The Dom3 should get you close to your goals and still be as streetable as the 20g.

~fast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.