Subaru WRX Forum banner

tweet install on my 13 wrx

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  EJ257 
#1 ·
ive notice that alot of people put tweets in sail panels or a pillar cover or down by the kick plate. im installing mine on the door panel by the handle will sound still be good . here are some pic so far.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I merged your two threads for you.

As has been mentioned, the reason why other people mount them differently is for proper staging. I installed my tweeters in the kick panels, since I had plans for my A-Pillar.

#5 ·
I guess i dont understand the staging . My way of thinking is your highs are directional so they need to be close and aimed towards your listening area and the lows are non- directional. Bass is more of a feel and can be places anywhere . im putting a powered sub underneath the seat. Please let me know if i doing this all wrong? I want a nice feel and sound to it but i dont want the neighbors to here me coning.

#10 ·
Tweeter placement discussions:
Sound Stage in WRX...components in rear doors, tweeters on deck? - NASIOC
Aftermarket Tweeters in Factory Locations? - NASIOC

Where you have yours are similar to the "factory placement" on older models.

Personally, I prefer a traditional amp/sub setup. Just choose your components wisely, and you can avoid being obnoxious. I have a JL Audio 10W3 in my trunk, powered by 250W, and while it gives me the kick in the seat while driving, from outside the car, it's barely (if at all) audible. Sound deadening helps that, too; I haven't really done as much of that as I'd like.

#7 ·
You're right about highs being directional. That's one of the main reasons you want them equidistant from your head. Being in the doors where you put them makes the drivers side tweater much closer to your ear than the passanger side tweeter, which will make it sound like the highs are coming from your drivers side door, rather than a central point in the car.. which would sound better.

The further you can get them from your ears, generally the closer they are to being equal distances from your listening position. The last thing I want is a tweeter blasting right in my ear.

#9 ·
Meh.. I wouldn't bother trying to adjust the volume, it's not a huge deal if you're not an audiophile. For what it's worth my tweeters are mounted in the doors in basically the same location (stock tweeter location). When I finally upgrade to a decent componet set I'm going to relocate them for better staging, but until then it's not worth messing with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.