Subaru WRX Forum banner

Januch09's 2011 STi Build (PTE6266)

155K views 853 replies 60 participants last post by  Januch09 
#1 · (Edited)
Januch09's 2011 STi Build (PTE6466)

Frank’s 2011 STi Limited (SWP Sedan) Build

Link to full build: Frank's 2011 STi Sedan Full Build

Hey guys just a little background. I have an 2011 STi sedan with roughly 20k miles on it. Currently on motor number 6. Not going to get into why I've been through that many motors or anything, so basically I'm starting fresh on this one.

Here's the specs:

Short Block:
Built by Prime Motoring in East Rutherford NJ
-New EJ257 Case Halves
-Darton Sleeves O-ringed
-OEM Nitraded Crankshaft
-Cosworth 99.5 / 8.2:1 CR Pistons
-Cosworth Oversized Headgasket
-Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beams w/ ARP Bolts
-King XPG Main and Rod Bearings
-Killer B Oil Pick-Up & Baffle
-11mm High Volume Oil Pump

Heads:
Built By Headgames
-Pocket Port
-O-Ringed
-Ferrea Exhaust and Intake Valves +1mm
-Ferrea Guides & Locks
-GSC Beehive Springs & Retainers
-GSC S2 (272) Camshafts
-Cosworth Head Gasket
-ARP CA625+ Headstuds
-Denso IKH24 Spark Plugs (2 steps colder)

Fueling:
-ID2000 Injectors
-DW65c Fuel Pump In Tank
-Radium Engineering Fuel Surge Tank w/ 2 walboro 485 submerged
-Vibrant -6an feed and return lines w/ vibrant fittings
-Aeromotive Fuel Regulator (red)
-Agency Power Fuel Rails (red)
-Aeromotoive inline fuel filter 6 Micron

Induction/Turbo/Cooling:
-ETS Rotated Turbo Kit
-Precision Gen2 6466 V-Band Turbo, hot side ceramic coated, compressor cover powder coated Perl White
-ETS Black Anodized FMIC 4’’ Core, 3’’ Black Piping (AIT bung and tial flange) (white powder coated clamps) (speed density)
-AEM AIT Sensor
-Tial QR BOV
-Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Controller
-Crawford FMIC Rotated AOS
-Koyo Radiator & Cap
-Samco Radiator Hoses (black)

Exhaust:
-Killer B Holy Header (ceramic coated)
-ETS Rotated Up-pipe w/ Tial 44mm EWG (red)
-ETS Catless Rotated Down-pipe
-Invidia Q300 Rolled Titanium Tips CBE (kartboy extra long exhaust hangers)

Drivetrain:
-Clutchmaster FX400 6-Puck Clutch
-Kartboy STS w/ all Bushings

Gauge Setup:
+SMY Clustermaker
-AEM Air/Fuel Ratio Wideband Gauge
-AEM Boost Gauge
+JCS 3 Gauge A-Pillar Pod
-AEM Oil Pressure Gauge
-AEM Fuel Pressure Gauge
-3rd hole closed for now but eventually ECR Gauge

Tuning:
Pro-Tuned by JR @ Prime Motoring
*Pump Gas- 450whp/420wtq
*E85- 575whp/540wtq

Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes:
-Airlift V2 Performance Air Ride Kit w/ Dual Viaar 380c Compressors, single 5 gallon tank & water traps (tank paint matched)
-Whiteline Front and Rear 24mm Adjustable Sway Bars
-Kartboy Front and Rear Endlinks
-Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
-Whiteline Rear Dif Positive Power Kit Bushings
-Whiteline Rear Positive Traction Kit
-SBC Rear Control Arms
-18x9.5+30 Enkei Kojins (Powder Coated Copper)
-Sumitomo HTZIII 265/35/18
-Muteki SR34 Neo-Chrome Closed End Lugnuts
-Hubcentric Rings 56.1 to 76
-Stoptech Drilled & Slotted F&R Rotors
-Hawk HPS Pads
-Stoptech SS Lines
-Grimmspeed master Cylinder Brace
-Motul SP600 Brake Fluid

My PTE6266 vs. my old Blouch Dom4.0XTR

See less See more
#175 ·
Re: 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

Just a note and also a disclaimer I didn't read the whole thread... I really liked my stainless lines, especially considering the price. It's like shifter bushings in the sense that you notice the nice change every place you go. Just kills that pedal 'bounce' you get.

I'd only do a bbk if you are planning to track the car a lot. A bbk will pay for itself quickly over the brembos when you start going through pads frequently. The bembo sized pads are extremely expensive compared to larger and more commonly used sizes found in bbks.
You'll mainly want a set of good pads for track use.. I like my ferodo ds2500s but I take them off the day I get home from the track due to the squeal I get. Good fluid and a fresh bleed I'd consider a safety precaution.

Also, keep in mind your brake wear & tear will be defined by your tires. The stickier and wider your tires contact path... The harder the brakes can work without locking up the tires or kicking in the abs. Loosely translated... I wouldn't dare run wider tires or slicks on my brembos at the track. They were already leaking fluid and streaming with my stock bbs wheels and re11s.

Outside or track use... Get comfortable quiet pads that modulate nicely and I like the lines. I personally can't stand brake squeal. Pads that don't dust are a nice perk, too.

#178 ·
Just a note and also a disclaimer I didn't read the whole thread... I really liked my stainless lines, especially considering the price. It's like shifter bushings in the sense that you notice the nice change every place you go. Just kills that pedal 'bounce' you get.

I'd only do a bbk if you are planning to track the car a lot. A bbk will pay for itself quickly over the brembos when you start going through pads frequently. The bembo sized pads are extremely expensive compared to larger and more commonly used sizes found in bbks.
You'll mainly want a set of good pads for track use.. I like my ferodo ds2500s but I take them off the day I get home from the track due to the squeal I get. Good fluid and a fresh bleed I'd consider a safety precaution.

Also, keep in mind your brake wear & tear will be defined by your tires. The stickier and wider your tires contact path... The harder the brakes can work without locking up the tires or kicking in the abs. Loosely translated... I wouldn't dare run wider tires or slicks on my brembos at the track. They were already leaking fluid and streaming with my stock bbs wheels and re11s.

Outside or track use... Get comfortable quiet pads that modulate nicely and I like the lines. I personally can't stand brake squeal. Pads that don't dust are a nice perk, too.
I agree with most of that! Except I want to invest in a brake pad thats going to be great on the street and still be aggressive for the track! All these things will be done fairly soon

#180 ·
Anyone else who has a built motor and a similar setup than mine have severe carbon build up? My shop keeps telling me this is normal to have severe carbon build up and to eat oil frequently! What are your takes on that? I understand a built motor is going to produce carbon more and eat a little oil, but damn, this much carbon for just a 2-3 minute startup? And it's eating oil like crazy but no leaks or anything dripping on the ground.

#183 ·
Pistons rods cams tgv egr delete dom 3.0 xtr fmic etc etc 1000cc injectors

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Yeah so you don't have anymore work than me, other than cams. lol Plus I don't even know how accurate their dyno is. They've been screwing me around since I had the car built by them. So We are probably pushing the same. Maybe you a little more!

#186 ·

Iag built your car ? I was hoping for more then 400 lol and as far as the spots on your driveway I def don't have that problem I get a lot of stains on my bumper but not on the ground like that, yes defwatch your oil, I have pistons rods bearings turbo inlet perrin fmic blouch dom 3 xtr fuelrails 1000ccs 255 fuel pump grimmspeed Ebcs,airoil seperator header uppipe ewg invidia catless dp and invidia n1 race exhaust

#192 ·
Iag built your car ? I was hoping for more then 400 lol and as far as the spots on your driveway I def don't have that problem I get a lot of stains on my bumper but not on the ground like that, yes defwatch your oil, I have pistons rods bearings turbo inlet perrin fmic blouch dom 3 xtr fuelrails 1000ccs 255 fuel pump grimmspeed Ebcs,airoil seperator header uppipe ewg invidia catless dp and invidia n1 race exhaust

No mustang lol. Not a good daily or a car to drive in the winter! lol. My subaru is fine i was just ebing a little girl about selling it! It is very possible to make these cars run 11's and still be good reliable cars. Just gotta find the right shop!
And yeah I relaly gotta find out what this sh** on my driveway is!

#194 ·
If you are going out that far check out The Shop

#196 ·
I'm kinda set on EFI!

Did they ever get a permanent replacement after Chris died? I know a few tuners came in to help out afterwards, but I'm not sure if they ever brought someone in full-time.
Nothing that I know of, but it's more than just a tune that I need. I think that something just isn't put together correctly or something is missing1

#195 ·

Januch09 said:
I think it's time for a trip out to EFI!!
Did they ever get a permanent replacement after Chris died? I know a few tuners came in to help out afterwards, but I'm not sure if they ever brought someone in full-time.

#197 ·
Flux capacitor not fluxing? Try a stainless steel body it helps with the Flux Dispersal.

#201 ·
Is it water or oil or what I kno u said carbon but that dosent really make any sense to me

I personally think it seems like oil, but the shop keeps telling me its carbon. So I guess it's more water based. I'm leading away from it being oil because it is rather was to clean. A simple detail spray and a microfiber wipes it right up. As for it being on the driveway. If I don't let it cake on my driveway, the hose will simply wash it away with no scrubbing or anything. So I'm leaning away from it being oil. But yet again, my car is eating oil like it's no big deal. Which my shop says that's perfectly normal too. I gotta start measuring exactly how much oil I am losing and in how much time and I will post that and well go form there.

#202 ·

Yea Idk exactly how much mine uses I kno its a pita to get an accurate oil reading tho. One time I checked my oil and not one drop was on the stick, added a quart and it was like it flodded my oil pan wayy over full. Drianed the oil added 4.7 quarts and away I went

#203 ·
Yea Idk exactly how much mine uses I kno its a pita to get an accurate oil reading tho. One time I checked my oil and not one drop was on the stick, added a quart and it was like it flodded my oil pan wayy over full. Drianed the oil added 4.7 quarts and away I went

Same thing happened to me the other day. Except I didn't change the oil lol. I just took a little out and went on.

#205 ·
Januch09 said:
Nothing that I know of, but it's more than just a tune that I need. I think that something just isn't put together correctly or something is missing1
Now that I'm on a computer, I scrolled back and saw your original post. JR tuned the car, so I doubt it's something in the tune; he's one of the best tuners in the country.

Did they do the motor @ Nightshift?

#216 ·
That's a great looking stance you have there. On the BC's right?

You fairing ok after Sandy?

#225 · (Edited)
The gas lines haven't been too bad more are opening up, though Not sure how many have super. I have seen the gas can only lines move quicker. Luckily I still dont have work so im at 13 gallons.

#226 ·
The gas lines haven't been too bad more are opening up, though Not sure how many have super. Luckily I still dont have work so im at 13 gallons.
By me the lines have been extremely long still. And I went out yesterday with a buddy who drives his mustang and we wound up putting 87 in it and lowering the tune. We couldn't find super. I'm sure it's out their but who knows where lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.