Subaru WRX Forum banner

IPR TMIC Intercooler

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  NDS WRX 
#1 ·
Pix of IPR TMIC in 2011 wrx.
Installation took about 3 hr. used the Tomioka Racing Throttle Body Hose,
T-Bolt Hose Clamps and some longer bolts for the turbo. The IC fits very tight but for $435 i think its worth it.
Machine
Electronics Room Technology Machine Electronic device
Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive super charger part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part
Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Fuel line

See less See more
#5 ·
#6 ·
Ok, here is the deal!!
After long hours of tuning there wasn't a lot of gains:(
So If you get aftermarket TMIC you must modify your air scoop.
Before
Vehicle Trunk Car Automotive exterior Bumper

and after
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive exterior Windshield

#8 ·
Ok, here is the deal!!
After long hours of tuning there wasn't a lot of gains:(
So If you get aftermarket TMIC you must modify your air scoop.
Looks good...but as they said...the fin density is rather meh...so you won't have much improved area to dissipate heat. That and it's pretty obvious that you need to modify the splitter/scoop to adequately flow air through a different sized/shaped intercooler in order for it to work as intended.

What are your other mods OP?

#10 ·
The new TMIC is 11x10.8x4 inches Its about 200% over stock, the gains are around 1.5 degree of timing (still tuning). The stock would be just fine but it blew up @ 19 psi

#11 ·
Well at least this will provide you a good piece of mind if you decide to go further with turbo swapping.

Question though...what makes it Stage 3? Still looks like Stage 2 to me...

#18 ·
I got the map from Eric @ TP
Now Im running FMIC, the IRP is worst than the stock IC. 311HP was with the IRP IC and after I install the FMIC with Eric's map the car is a lot faster. Also I ported the turbo because I was getting boost creep and did some adjustments to the map. Make sure U got AFR Gage. Good luck :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.