Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2002 wrx front mount intercooler install

31K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  zax 
#1 ·
Hey what's up I'm installing a front mount intercooler on my 2002 wrx tm when it comes in the mail my question is what I need to do to the stock bumper in order to put it back on because I think it needs to be cut and the foglights have to come out please post about this thanks

#9 ·
I think the general consensus is that the godspeed kit is ebay garbage and it's probably no wonder you're having problems. I doubt any instructions exist, because I doubt the kit will even fit properly on your car. My recommendation? Get rid of that crap and buy yourself a decent TMIC... you'll improve your performance anyhow.

#13 ·
Well I have most of the piping on just need to go to the store today after work get some more clamps and silicone connectors. I also need to figure out how to mount the intercooler in the front. Does the front bumper support need to be removed? Thanks

#15 ·
wordwrx said:
Well I have most of the piping on just need to go to the store today after work get some more clamps and silicone connectors. I also need to figure out how to mount the intercooler in the front. Does the front bumper support need to be removed? Thanks
The OE beam needs to be removed/replaced (if the kit included one) or modified

#17 ·
Custom Fabricated mounting beam may be needed then.
Still, I am in agreement with most other posters here. You are probably hurting yourself more then benefiting from a FMIC, especially a EBAY Godspeed one. Sell it and get yourself a quality (NON-EBAY) TMIC.

#20 ·
Glad you're happy with your power loss.

Please research your mods in the future before throwing away money.

#24 ·
It's called the placebo effect. But I'm glad you're happy. That's all that matters
\
Btw... it looks like it's about 6 inches to the right of the car... is that an optical illusion?? If not, you may want to fix that before trying to get the bumper back on
Yeah glad you're happy but your car doesn't run better. It definitely runs worse but the placebo effect has you sucked in. Hopefully you can get it centered/straight so the bumper goes back on ok.

Sorry to be negative but there's no good side to the mod you did. Please consult knowledgeable people before wasting any more of your money. But like Kevin said, it's your car so glad you're happy.

#22 ·
It's called the placebo effect. But I'm glad you're happy. That's all that matters

Btw... it looks like it's about 6 inches to the right of the car... is that an optical illusion?? If not, you may want to fix that before trying to get the bumper back on

#23 ·
on a side note... jeeze... that's a lot of piping... I never realized that the godspeed one had such a ridiculous amount of piping. No wonder it drops spool so much.

#25 ·
No other modding community out there is like the WRX crowd... Most other car groups are happy and friendly towards other owner/enthusiasts, but not the WRX guys... You will do the mods that the community "deems worthy" or your a ricer.

So your full boost target is now 76½ RPM more than it was on your oem tmic... you definitely should not have put a FMIC on... placebo effect... its not faster...

Things like "don't put a atmospheric bov on, it'll damage your car."
"how will it damage my car?"
typical response after that is usually something like "your stupid", "do a search", or "because it does".
At no point does anybody try to explain how running rich between shifts will hurt your car, it just somehow magically does... regardless if your running no cats.

FFS, please stop trolling and let people mod THEIR cars the way THEY want. If you don't like it, stfu and don't do it to your car.

Enjoy your FMIC dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.