Subaru WRX Forum banner

Battery?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  jd92677 
#1 ·
Hello,

What is a good battery for a Subaru Impreza WRX 2008? Something reliable & affordable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aeyr

#4 ·
My 08 STI had a bad battery and the dealer would not replace it because it would take a charge but about three days later it would die. I even had advanced auto and auto zone check it and both places said it was a bad battery. I just went and got a Optima yellow top battery and have not had the problem again even with the extra electronics I am running in the car now. It was about $200 and it look better.

#6 ·
I also went with a yellow top. My car has large parasitic draw that the dealer claims is in spec so I had problems when the car would be parked for a couple weeks. Dealership replaced the battery and three weeks later I had another dead battery. :unhappy: Installed a yellow top and no problems since.

#8 ·
The only brand new red top optima I have ever bought is still going great after 4 years, in the past I have also picked up reconditioned red tops through Interstate Batteries for like $50 and I have always gotten at least 3 years out of those.

#9 ·
I had an optima red top in my Nissan Maxima with a killer stereo for 2 years, transferred it to my Subaru legacy in 2004 with a less killer but still pretty demanding stereo. I sold that car last year with the battery in it, still going strong after 8 years. When my factory battery is done, no doubt going to the red top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.