Subaru WRX Forum banner

Code P0240- What's going on here?

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Donkey 
#1 ·
Just had my 2002 WRX throw a CEL last night on the way home from a road rally. I had driven the car pretty hard all day, but not enough to hurt anything.

I went to AZ today and used their OBDII scanner. It shows code P0240 which, upon looking it up online, shows that there is an issue with: Turbo Boost Sensor B Circuit Range/Performance.

I'm curious about a few things:
1. Can I still drive the car?
2. Is it an easy fix? Is it possible to DIY?
3. How much does a problem like this USUALLY cost to fix?
4. Any other information you can give me on this issue.

TIA

#3 · (Edited)
I have a K&N filter (just a drop-in, not a CAI) and an STi exhaust off of an 06 STi (I think.. bought it second-hand from a muffler shop for $250 installed!). Those are the only engine/exhaust mods I have.

The exhaust has been on there since early November with 0 problems and the filter was on when I bought the car.

#5 ·
Yes, stock downpipe and midpipe.

I have some Seafoam cleaner that should work, I think. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Do I actually disassemble this piece or just kind of soak the outside of it with cleaner?? How difficult is this?

(Yes, I did read the link. Thanks!)

#6 · (Edited)
Do not use Seafoam. I suggested electrical component cleaner. It evaporates with no trace. Electrical component cleaner is a spray so no you do not soak it. The solenoid is not made to be taken apart. Spray into both nipples.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.