Subaru WRX Forum banner

10w-30 mobile 1 synthetic oil in a 06 WRX?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Destros 
#1 ·
So i "think" i bought the recommended 5w-30 mobile 1 synthetic oil but when i gave it to the dealership and came back they had a sticker on the top left window showing Grade:10w30 so i was thinking if i really did buy 10w30... If it is 10w30 put in, how bad will this affect the car? Im almost pretty dang sure i bought 5w30 oil, could be a misprint from them but who knows.

#3 ·
Are you sure they put in your synthetic oil and not the regular conventional oil they normally use?

#4 ·
So you gave them the bottles and the window sticker, which they printed, said 10w30? Its what is in the engine that counts, not the sticker.

#5 ·
Nothing wrong with the heavier weight. You'll just get less mpg. Just don't mix synthetic with regular. I use 5w-30 in winter and 10w-30 mix with oil stabilizer in the summer when it's hot. Synthetic fluids only. Usually Mobil 1 or Royal Purple. And Lucus is the sh*t.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.