#1 · (Edited)
uosʞɔıɹpuǝɥɐ said:
Micah said:
uosʞɔıɹpuǝɥɐ said:
Micah said:
uosʞɔıɹpuǝɥɐ said:
Micah said:
uosʞɔıɹpuǝɥɐ said:
hey, i was jw, do you know who much it costs to convert your car from MAF to MAP? this is for an 07 wrx. Do you get any other significant diffrences other than being alowed to put a BOV on?
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/electronic_fuel_injection/index.html

MAF is generally considered better than MAP, as it is a newer technology. But as long as either is calibrated/tuned properly, the end result is pretty much the same.

You'll need to do some research on the costs. I've never bothered to look into it as I'm not willing to spend money just so my car can make a louder "pssh" noise.
would just getting my car protuned for the BOV be sufficient enough.
No, the issue lies with the MAF and BOV. If you search on the forum, this has been covered many many times.

Long story short - the MAF reads air, and the ECU provides fuel to compensate for the air - then the BOV vents the air to atmosphere, but the fuel still goes in. The fuel now washes some oil from the cylinder walls and gets blown out with the exhaust stroke, and typically ignites on it's way out. You just lost some oil and increased engine friction and therefore temperature as well.

Some people run BOV's and say they have no problems. Ultimately, it's your car - so do what you like.
that is exacly whati though, but i was talking to jeff and he runs a bov. he said that as long as you get it tuned it does not matter, but i didnt belive him considering the amout his car afterfires. thanks for clarifing this and now i have made my decision not to get a bov. i will just get an sri instead. thanks
Jeff who?
jeff. a guy who lives in nj. hey has an 04 wrx i think. 2.5l engine swap. pretty crazy mods. i think he is pushin like 400 hp to the wheels. u should know him if u live in nj
Nope, never heard of him. Like I alluded to earlier: to each their own.

#2 ·
ʇuǝɔouuı ǝɥʇ ʇɔǝʇoɹd oʇ pǝddı1ɟ uǝǝq ǝʌɐɥ sǝɯɐu

#3 ·
I dont really see where this thread was supposed to go.

If you care to explain that it was put here on purpose then I guess I could merge it into the BOV thread but as it stands it just confused me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.