Converting AWD to 2wd RWD w/ pics - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on Converting AWD to 2wd RWD w/ pics within the Powertrain forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by cheatingonmydub I was just furthering what "brfatal" said about the Subaru not having a "Tiptronic." It does ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cheatingonmydub View Post
    I was just furthering what "brfatal" said about the Subaru not having a
    "Tiptronic." It does have a manumatic gearbox but Subaru has name for it.
    I understand. Thanks for clarifying. Incidentally, I see you're new. Welcome, enjoy the site.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thank you. This thread is why I joined.

an easier way

this is really cool and all, but can you not just disconnect the front wheels? you should be able to disconnect the front drive and put it back on later no? lol maby i am the one who should be stabbing myself

Quote Originally Posted by RODERMAN View Post
    this is really cool and all, but can you not just disconnect the front wheels? you should be able to disconnect the front drive and put it back on later no? lol maby i am the one who should be stabbing myself
    You need to send the power to the back or else you'll just sit there while the disconnected front hubs spin wildly...

ive been searching all over for a few pictures of welding a PHASE 1 center diff. the write up here is for PHASE 2.

if anyone can tell me what exactly needs to be welded on a phase 1 center diff i would be extremely grateful

will this work with a 2004 sti tranny or will the dccd malfunction?

What is the main cause or damage by doing this? I have a 2010 wrx I just picked up a center diff and had it welded. But now I am debating after reading alot of bad? What are my other options for rwd? Is it because when welded it is not balanced?

Has anyone has any issues in doing this? I had a friend weld my center diff, and when I reinstalled it, I could no longer freely spin the driveshaft. Is it possible the center isn't straight anymore?

So who else have done this? How is it holding up?

i have a 5mt wrx limited. the car is putting down 290whp right now, i want to convert it to an rwd but how reliable will it be for a daily? and when i say daily, i dont mean thrashing on it every day or taking it to the track. I just want to spin my rear tires occasionally and get sideways sometimes. If its not to reliable, im not to concerned lol im just curious, i want to see how much should i put in to this rwd conversion. Ps. im new here guys, go easy on me haha

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678