Subaru WRX Forum banner

Converting AWD to 2wd RWD w/ pics

465K views 114 replies 64 participants last post by  YaImStockBro 
#1 ·
I'm doing this thread because I had such a hard time finding someone with the right info. Much thanks to Jeff Perrin.

First off locate a spare center differential. Check the boards or some of the Subaru junkyards on line. You should be able to get one for around 200 or less.

Take it apart. Completely. Don't worry about remembering how to put it back togather.:eek: This is easily accomplished by removing the snap ring on the top plate and tapping on the internals with a punch, chisel, your head, whatever...

Now seperate the parts into two piles. This is what your paperweight pile should look like.

#115 ·
i have a 5mt wrx limited. the car is putting down 290whp right now, i want to convert it to an rwd but how reliable will it be for a daily? and when i say daily, i dont mean thrashing on it every day or taking it to the track. I just want to spin my rear tires occasionally and get sideways sometimes. If its not to reliable, im not to concerned lol im just curious, i want to see how much should i put in to this rwd conversion. Ps. im new here guys, go easy on me haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.