DIY: Transmission Fluid Change - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on DIY: Transmission Fluid Change within the Powertrain forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by nofear6235 Does any one have part # for 2006 WRX transmission oil plug gasket? You guys get ...

Quote Originally Posted by nofear6235 View Post
    Does any one have part # for 2006 WRX transmission oil plug gasket? You guys get this one from dealer, or other places carry as well?

EDIT:
    Today went to the local dealer and got needed part.
    So here FYI people.
    2006 WRX tranny oil plug gasket part # 803926070.
    HTH,
    Alex
    does the 2013s need a oil plug gasket? anyone ever done it yet?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    does the 2013s need a oil plug gasket? anyone ever done it yet?
    I changed my 12 and will be doing the 2nd change soon. I believe its a crush washer
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I just did mine this weekend. Yeah it's a crush washer. I didn't replace it because it looks alright.

Ok completely drained the at trans in my 02 WRX pan and cleaned the filter on the bottom. Started filling it an and it over flowed at about 3.5 quarts. Help
    Garret

I Support ClubWRX
    Im not too sure about the AT trans but how can you get an estimate of how much drained out?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I ordered my T-70 online after reading in the OP. That IT CANNOT BE FOUND IN STORES.
    Went to Autozone to get a monster 3/8" Driver ratchet only to find a T-70 bit staring me in the face

I ordered my T-70 online after reading in the OP. That IT CANNOT BE FOUND IN STORES.
    Went to Autozone to get a monster 3/8" Driver ratchet only to find a T-70 bit staring me in the face

Quote Originally Posted by silverstallion View Post
    How much was it at autoZone
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I believe it was $4.99

Just changed transmission fluid on my 2005 WRX wagon... This was really easy thanks to great DIY... The drain-plug required a 12mm socket, not Torx T-70. I believe Torx T-70 is only needed for 2006 models and later.

Also, take care when removing/inserting the dip-stick. Mine snapped off after attempting to re-insert. Luckliy, the broken piece did not fall into the fill-hole.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by felixthecatnine View Post
    Just changed transmission fluid on my 2005 WRX wagon... This was really easy thanks to great DIY... The drain-plug required a 12mm socket, not Torx T-70. I believe Torx T-70 is only needed for 2006 models and later.

Also, take care when removing/inserting the dip-stick. Mine snapped off after attempting to re-insert. Luckliy, the broken piece did not fall into the fill-hole.
    Prior to the T-70 the works drain plugs were 21mm. If yours is 12mm you have a different plug -- not that it matters.

BTW this brings up a point that'd been made previously: if newer model owners don't like T-70 they could look into switching the drain plug to the older style 21mm after they check that the threads are the same.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

FWIW, my 2003 WRX had the T70 style drain plug. I was able to remove it with a T60, but only because it wasnt super tight.

Thanks for the write-up, would have taken me a while to figure all this out without it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.