Clutch Slipping under warranty.

This is a discussion on Clutch Slipping under warranty. within the Powertrain forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I have a slipping clutch. I will be accellerating and it will go from 2k RPM to 4k RPM without ...

Clutch Slipping under warranty.

I have a slipping clutch. I will be accellerating and it will go from 2k RPM to 4k RPM without actually accelerating. I will be bring it into the shop to be warrantied this week but if I order a better clutch (stage 2) will they install it for me instead of the OEM?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXXXAction View Post
    I have a slipping clutch. I will be accellerating and it will go from 2k RPM to 4k RPM without actually accelerating. I will be bring it into the shop to be warrantied this week but if I order a better clutch (stage 2) will they install it for me instead of the OEM?
    Only they can answer that. "Better" is a relative term. If it were me making the decision, I would not - the clutch you bring in will not be an authorized part. Money does strange things to people though; ask them.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    Only they can answer that.
    Dealerships have varying policies on installing unauthorized parts. Without posting the dealership in question and a fellow member having experience, they are your only option for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    "Better" is a relative term. If it were me making the decision, I would not - the clutch you bring in will not be an authorized part.
    If they were to install it, your chance of getting a clutch/transmission warranty claim approved in the future is likely to decrease. Unless your vehicle produces enough power that the OE clutch can't handle it, there's no reason to upgrade except for bragging rights.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Clutches are usualyl regarded as a consumable, so I'd be surprised if they fix it under warranty without charge.

I just recently took my 2011 wrx in for a clutch issue. The vehicle has about 11,000 miles on it. Since the purchase I have went stage I, exhaust, and upgraded the shifter along with the bushings. After the technician at Subaru looked the car over, they informed me that they would be installing a new clutch under warranty. No questions asked and no mention to said mods. I was surprised to say the least.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvf4 View Post
    I just recently took my 2011 wrx in for a clutch issue. The vehicle has about 11,000 miles on it. Since the purchase I have went stage I, exhaust, and upgraded the shifter along with the bushings. After the technician at Subaru looked the car over, they informed me that they would be installing a new clutch under warranty. No questions asked and no mention to said mods. I was surprised to say the least.
    That's good that it happened but mind you, each dealership is independently owned and independently operated...so one will do it and one may not. It is unfortunately a crap shoot.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS