clicking noise when letting out clutch?

This is a discussion on clicking noise when letting out clutch? within the Powertrain forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; hello all, i have an 04 sti that i just recently purchased and i'm wondering if this sound is normal. ...

clicking noise when letting out clutch?

hello all, i have an 04 sti that i just recently purchased and i'm wondering if this sound is normal. when i engage the clutch and start moving i hear a clicking noise. it's usually just one click and doesen't seem to happen all the time (almost always happens in the morning when reversing out of drive way) nor does it seem to affect the performance of the car. i was wondering if any of you seasoned sti owners may have encountered this before? also the rear end seems noisy somtimes when i am going over bumps but i just had the rear strut tops replaced and i still feel like it's a little noisy. is that just the way the rear end sounds? any ideas would be great and thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With both my '05 Mustang GT and the '06 Civic I had, I heard a very faint clicking noise when I pressed in the clutch. I'm not sure what it is, but I assume it's normal. Is yours loud?

I Support ClubWRX
    Need more info. Only on cold starts? Where is the clicking coming from? Straight pavement or hilly?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

OP was about a year ago...but I'm having the same issue in my 03. Doesn't do it everytime. Right when I'm letting the clutch out and giving a little gas it clicks once and is done. I also seem to have a clicking noise on sharp turns at low speed. We just got a new parking garage at work and the sound is amplified now and is bugging me. I'm thinking cv joint for when I turn. But I get the clicking noise when releasing the clutch even when I'm not turning the wheel.
    03' bugeye, helix up, invidia DP, eibach springs, cobb stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by wrxstar View Post
    OP was about a year ago...but I'm having the same issue in my 03. Doesn't do it everytime. Right when I'm letting the clutch out and giving a little gas it clicks once and is done. I also seem to have a clicking noise on sharp turns at low speed. We just got a new parking garage at work and the sound is amplified now and is bugging me. I'm thinking cv joint for when I turn. But I get the clicking noise when releasing the clutch even when I'm not turning the wheel.
    i am having the exact same issue with my 05 sti, please help!

somewhere in the nowhere of somethings mind eye of a nothing
    my 03 does the same thing
    "if you want peace, prepare for war", latin proverb and common sense
    "Why do penguins take smoke breaks?"

It ended up being my front axle.
    03' bugeye, helix up, invidia DP, eibach springs, cobb stage 2