'07 short throw shifter?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '07 short throw shifter? within the Powertrain forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I'm a newbie here to the forum so please bear with me. Last month I purchased a brand new '07 ...

'07 short throw shifter?

I'm a newbie here to the forum so please bear with me. Last month I purchased a brand new '07 WRX STI. I noticed the window sticker lists the 6 speed close ratio transmission as standard equipment. I didn't see a line item listing the short throw shifter as part of the package. Do the STI's come stock from the factory with the short throw shifter or is it something I would have had to purchase as an option?

Thanks in Advance,

Oyster

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pretty sure they do.. Plus the stock sti tranny is pretty stiff anyways iether way i think you will be fine.

I Support ClubWRX
    They DO NOT come stock with the short shifter. It is an option.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Thanks 302,

Would a short throw shifter make a noticable difference in performance? I bought my car here in Hawaii and they only had a handful of '07s left. I had to take what was on the lot, and there is only ONE dealership on my island for the new STI's. No shopping around. I have always had American Muscle Cars (still have one) but I fell in love with the STI's some time back. I absolutely love my Subie.

I would have waited to buy an '08 but I don't like the new body style. So I had to scramble and get mine while I still could.

Oyster

Well, i have a short throw shifter and bushing on my 06 wrx.. I can't imagin being w/t it. Thought since you have a sti your tranny is going to be a lot less slopper then a standard wrx. What it wil do is make the throws shorter and quicker. If you put bushing on top of that it will take away any slop that might be there... You will never put the car in the wrong gear or accidently miss a throw.

thanks havoc,

I'm still new to the car but have on occasion found myself in the wrong gear. When I get some bucks up I will look into the short throw.

thanks,

Oyster

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by oyster View Post
    thanks havoc,

I'm still new to the car but have on occasion found myself in the wrong gear. When I get some bucks up I will look into the short throw.

thanks,

Oyster
    Some people love them and some people hate them. Bushings alone will do alot for the feel of the thing.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.