Scammer Thread Archive - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on Scammer Thread Archive within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Originally Posted by timber Did you go ahead and file a dispute with your credit card company? Filed one with ...

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Did you go ahead and file a dispute with your credit card company?
    Filed one with paypal. They also are trying to get incontact with him. So far there is no luck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac323 View Post
    Filed one with paypal. They also are trying to get incontact with him. So far there is no luck.
    okay. I didn't get a response either. pretty ballsy to keep coming on the site, if you ask me.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

The issue is being taken care of Per Nasioc PMs... Ive been in the hospital the past few days.. and have very limited internet access. Anyways.. I am having my roomie ship it out. Sorry for the confusion.. as stated we are in contact thru nasioc.. just wanted to clear it up..

Chris
    06 TR SGM
    Cobb Stage 2
    Invidia DP, JIC Catback, Tein S-Techs
    Full STI Interior Swap, MB Weapons(GramLight 57s)
    Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood/Trunk

Chris i already sent timber a private message letting him know we spoke. I would assume he'll delete my part of the scammer thread one he recieves it.

Banned

china antique

content removed.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 05-28-2007 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chinartdirect07 View Post
    content removed
    are u telling us that ur a scammer ?
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 05-28-2007 at 04:52 AM.
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

** Scammer alert: GGREER2008 aka Mark Ramsey **

He posted a set of HIDs for sale here: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169596

After swaping many PMs negotiating on price and shipping, etc., we agreed on $400 shipped overnight if I send him the money overnight. He only wants money order; apparently he doesn't do paypal.

So I overnight him a money order. Since I'm in Canada, it cost me $30 just to send the package overnight to him, but whatever, I'm anxious for the lights.

For the next three days, courier attempts to make delivery but the guy isn't even there to accept the package! What the hell?! I could have just sent it regular mail.

I sent the money order to the address he gave. Does it look like a legit address? Too late to ask now, but still...
    Mark Ramsey
    1632 Carrollton Avenue-9
    Metairie La 70005

I sent a couple of PMs reminding him of my address and to PM me a tracking number once he ships the lights.
    He tells me that he is going to ship out the lights the day after he meets the courier to accept my package (why can't he send it out same day??).

That was the last I ever heard from him - May 29, 2007 at 7:29 PM.
    To this day, no lights, no replies to my numerous PMs asking for updates.

Throughout this whole process, his communications were pretty flaky (meaning, a message every other day or so). He insists he doesn't spend much time online and is busy with work, chores, etc.

Live and learn I guess - if it doesn't feel 100%, it probably isn't!

Now I'm out about $473 CDN and nothing to show for it except a big 'L' on my forehead.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Wait, I'm confused, why were you sending him a package?

I'm sorry to hear this man, that's a lot of money to be scammed out of.

As with the internet: buyer beware. The guy had no prior posts on clubwrx and doesn't accept paypal. Two red flags right there. Did you get his phone number? Always get their phone number!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

hey

hey man, when you purchased the money order did you save the receipt? if so, you can contact the company (like moneygram or usps) and give them the reference number and they can see if it has been cashed. then if he can't show proof of shipment he is liable for that money. i know usps money orders are very safe because it's a governmental agency and they don't screw around. but like a money gram or wal mart money order may be a little more difficult to file a claim. since you're in canada and he is in the u.s.a i'm not sure how that would work. i do know that when you purchase a usps money order you need to fill in the persons name, adress, and even what it was used for. usps will not let you cash a money order without a photo i.d. and the adress and name has to match that on the money order. even money gram or others you have to fill in the persons name and adress i believe. lastly, if you have his name and adress, try going online to a white pages site...you'd be surprised how easy you can get a phone number or contact info on a person. i almost got screwed out of a $500 subwoofer sending a usps money order, but once i got the photocopy of the cashed money order the guy refunded my money immediately. hopefully that helps you out...also you can try contacting the local p.d. in his town and see what they have to say.

Speedette:
    The package I sent him was the money order.

MattBrown0761:
    The MO I sent was from my bank. I have the receipt and all documentation. Banking is slightly different here in Canada. As far as I know, not everyone issues money orders (certainly not Wal-Mart). And I figured its the bank - they must be the most 'secure' for this sort of thing.

Turns out the bank can't do anything! A money order is as good (and as bad) as cash in hand - so its pretty much gone.

I tried a search on whitepages.com but that didn't have a listing for his address.

hey

Quote Originally Posted by neptune_ View Post
    Speedette:
    The package I sent him was the money order.

MattBrown0761:
    The MO I sent was from my bank. I have the receipt and all documentation. Banking is slightly different here in Canada. As far as I know, not everyone issues money orders (certainly not Wal-Mart). And I figured its the bank - they must be the most 'secure' for this sort of thing.

Turns out the bank can't do anything! A money order is as good (and as bad) as cash in hand - so its pretty much gone.

I tried a search on whitepages.com but that didn't have a listing for his address.
    Wow, that is very surprising. You can't file a claim with your bank? I guess banks are different up there...at Bank of America they viamently pursue all claims and you usually get you money bank if you can show proof that you paid and didn't receive your item. Well, I may be able to get you his phone number even if it is unlisted...my girlfriend works for Verizon. I can't make any promises, but I'll ask her and see what she can do you a favor. Also did you try getting the number for the local p.d. in his town? I'd give them a call and see if they can help you out.

that really sucks man...

hopefully you can get your money back. sorry to here that. i used to work in a bank and the only thing i can tell you is that if he/she went to a bank or any establishment to cash the check, there has to be 2 forms of valid id. so, if you ask the bank to get the information of where the check was cashed. then track down the actual location and ask for all the info about how it was cashed. since you are the sender, you have the right to access the info.

good luck and hopefully you can catch that a-hole.

i work for sprint, so i am going to try to look up the address and find out anything i can for you... once i saw "my girlfriend works for verizon" by mattbrown 0761, it just clicked in my head that i can do that too.
    Last edited by p0rnstar19; 06-05-2007 at 10:28 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thread merged out of general For Sale area to scammer archive.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

MattBrown0761 and p0rnstar19:
    I will go to the bank again, but I am not optimistic. Banks here are still very 'old school' with their beaurocracy and red tape and stiffness.

Whatever you guys can do to help me out would be awesome! (getting phone number, police number, etc.)

Thanks!

Really good site false websites

Hey guys i almost got scammed when i almost bought a bike and they wanted to use a delivery service and have me pay
    lol right from the start i knew it was sketchy and checked it out more
    it was a total scam, but i found this website that has a list of scammer websites like banks and delivery services
    here
    http://db.aa419.org/fakebankslist.ph...O&psearchtype=
    be careful when buyin ppl
    "...in the end i know that the words "i told you so" just aren't going to cut it"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.