Scammer Thread Archive - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Scammer Thread Archive within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; This is a guaranteed scam. Do not deposit the check and do not send the goods. No matter how much ...

I Support ClubWRX
    This is a guaranteed scam. Do not deposit the check and do not send the goods.

No matter how much whining and threatening you get from them, no deal. Only deal with them if THEY send the money Western Union to YOU. This is not going to happen, I only mention it theoretically.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 12-08-2006 at 02:56 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very true. I'm glad I can get real advices from this subie community. It's kinda nice to know I can come here and get advices when theres no family and friends around. Well problem solved. Either he sends me a cashier's check with his name on it or wire transfer it to me via western union.

Thank you very much fellas and ladies. -=D

EDIT
    Last edited by engz; 12-08-2006 at 03:16 PM.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by engz View Post
    Very true. I'm glad I can get real advices from this subie community. It's kinda nice to know I can come here and get advices when theres no family and friends around. Well problem solved. Either he sends me a cashier's check with his name on it or wire transfer it to me via western union.

Thank you very much fellas.
    and Girl !

No problem !!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I Support ClubWRX
    Either he sends me a cashier's check with his name on it or wire transfer it to me via western union.

Thank you very much fellas.
    NO CASHIER'S CHECK. Be clear, THERE IS NO MONEY. A cashier's check can be faked as well. Only accept cash. HE TRIED TO SCAM YOU. No legitimate businessman sends a third party check for $3.8K to a complete stranger asking for a favour.

Just in case I'm being vague, THERE IS NO MONEY.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sorry I know this dont belong here but I really need help from people with alot of experience dealing with sales on the internet. MOD please move this to the correct location.

Well I found a buyer for my rims from a person that seen it on ebay(but did not win the auction). I'm selling them for $650. He told me he was going to buy them and send a check with extra money for shipping and such. And any excess amount should be WIRED to him using Western Union. Now the catch is, he sent me almost $3.8G's. I am not comfortable with this amount of money. I was thinking $800 from him w/ shipping.

The thing is, the excess amount I am suppose to wire to him by Western Union is addressed to somewhere else (not the return address).

Also Im not comfortable depositting it because I dont want to deal with bounced check.

Please give me some advice on what to do. I FEEL LIKE THE MIDDLE MAN.

Thanks
    -Engz
    DON'T DO IT! It's a big time scam and you'll be left holding the bag. There is no money. You'll send him the leftovers and it will come out of your pocket.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY! Send his check back and sell your rims someplace else.

later,
    KrustyTC
    NEW ENGLAND F4
    02 WRB WRX
    Long Live The Bugeye Nation!

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    NO CASHIER'S CHECK. Be clear, THERE IS NO MONEY. A cashier's check can be faked as well. Only accept cash. HE TRIED TO SCAM YOU. No legitimate businessman sends a third party check for $3.8K to a complete stranger asking for a favour.

Just in case I'm being vague, THERE IS NO MONEY.
    true
    thanks again

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have a "99 Cent" store nearby you can pick up a little picture frame next time you're in, and maybe frame the fake check and put it in the den etc. as a conversation piece.

No Responses??? Am I getting screwed Over????

Whatsup guys. I'm somewhat new here but just making all aware of my situation. If you know the user Dudley123 (Chris) can you please contact him and ask him to respond to my PM's on either here or NASIOC.

Story. In november i was in search of a wingless trunk when Dudley123 said he had one lying around that he'd sell to me for $200 shipped. I thought this was a great deal as i have seen many pictures of his car and figured that I did not have anything to worry about since he posts a lot and visits the site every day.
    That night (in late november) i paypal him the money and he says he'll ship it out ASAP. I did not recieve a response from him for a few days so I sent him another PM asking "whats up". He responds that he has been busy and did not have time to ship it out. I can understand that so i said not a problem, get it out when you have some free time. A week later, no response, so i send him another PM. He responds that he had just moved and would send it out once he got squared away. At that time I requested that he send the money back, and i'd re-send the $200.00 once he was ready to ship it. A few weeks later i sent him a PM asking how everything was going and he replied that he was ready to ship the trunk out. Again, i paypal'd him the money. The next day i recieved a message that UPS was giving him a hard time about the size of the package, but he was definitly going to get the package sent out soon. No problem there.

A few messages were sent back and fourth in the next few weeks which brings us to now. I sent him a Private Message on 1-22-07 telling him i needed the Trunk ASAP as my car was going to the body shop for some work.

I get the following response on 1-23-07:

"Yess... Still the same address correct? Just making sure, cuz i know u were only there for christmas break.
    Chris"

On 02/05/07 After recieving no response or Return PM from Dudley123 saying the trunk was shipped, I sent him a Private Message requesting a refund as it has taken WAY too long to recieve a product that is "instock."

The Message:

"Chris, by no means am i angry, but after all this time i would just honestly like the $200 for the trunk to be refunded to my paypal account.
    I dont know why you are ignoring my PM's since i know you get them and i know you log onto clubwrx almost every day. to not respond in over a week makes me uneasy.
    Can you please refund the $200.00 i sent you via paypal for the wingless trunk to my paypal address: _______________________
    Thanks a lot.
    Sorry for any inconvienence,
    Greg

Since then I have recieved no responses or PM's from Dudley123 (chris) even though his User Profile states he has Logged On to ClubWRX every day since the sending of that Private Message.

He is still holding $200 of my money and from what it looks like, i will not be getting that money back.

If anyone here knows Chris, please ask him to respond to my messages and send my money back via paypal.

I would also appreciate it if the Mods could contact him as i feel that might solve things.

Thanks,

Greg McNamara

I'd also like to apologize to Chris in advance for having to post this. If there was a misunderstanding or miscommunication i will gladly ask the mods to delete this post and forget that this has ever happend.

However, i feel that this is the only way to get my $200.00 back as i have not been able to get in contact with Dudley123 (chris) for almost two weeks now.

Thanks again

-Greg

If you used a credit card or paypal you can either call them (some even have an online form) that refuses payment. It can take your money back, you'll have to go through some hoops but getting 200 back seems worth it.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you transfered from your bank account the money is insured through paypal. file a report, they will contact both of you and investigate and get you either his phone number to call him if you wish or send you your money back. Had to do it and it works
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Thanks for the quick reply's guys. I paid with a Credit Card through paypal so i file'd a dispute.

Dudley123, please contact me if you read this. Once the money is refunded i'll be more then willing to drop the claim on paypal and ask the mod's to remove this thread.

Thanks,

Greg McNamara

Just an update. Still no response from Dudley123(chris)

Another Update.

Saw Dudley123's profile today and realized he was on here after a message was sent from a MOD to both chris and i.

Still no response.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac323 View Post
    Another Update.

Saw Dudley123's profile today and realized he was on here after a message was sent from a MOD to both chris and i.

Still no response.
    Did you go ahead and file a dispute with your credit card company?
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.