Scammer Thread Archive - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Scammer Thread Archive within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So, i havent got a response from: "Euro3ater" after i sent him a paypal payment for the supposed black chargespeed ...

Scammed: 3urohater

So, i havent got a response from: "Euro3ater" after i sent him a paypal payment for the supposed black chargespeed lip he had.
    The payment was sent on last thursday and still has not responded or recieved.

Is this too soon to be accusing this? (he does have 2 posts)
    18g WRX - Flat black [Massachusetts]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

problem with a member

sti in ur face sold me a greddy bov kit but didn't include the flange. you can't buy a bolt on flange separately and he isn't responding to my pms. any advice on what i should do?

what form of payment did you use? Credit Card or Paypal you should be able to file a complaint. If you used paypal make sure you file it asap, because they will not honor their buyer protection if you do not.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

You can buy the adapter kit on e-bay, i believe they go for around $30.

But that does suck you didn't get the adapter through your purchase. Hopefully he will follow through and not be a jackass.
    VF-22 equipped

Peachypumpkincheeks

I think it's God's way of telling you to ditch the BOV because you obviously didn't read the 'Good mods' sticky.

Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    I think it's God's way of telling you to ditch the BOV because you obviously didn't read the 'Good mods' sticky.

+1 ... and if you plan to screw your car then get a BOV plus a CAI too.
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by orvtech View Post
    +1 ... and if you plan to screw your car then get a BOV plus a CAI too.
    I've got both on mine... '

I hope you the best in this situation. Report this to paypal asap!! if thats what you used !
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    I've got both on mine... '
    You don't count Jenn, you're read the stickies!

To the OP: Good luck, I hope you get your money back. But as they say, Buyer Beware.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    You don't count Jenn, you're read the stickies!

To the OP: Good luck, I hope you get your money back. But as they say, Buyer Beware.
    okay, heather... (sent you something today.)

as for what they say... Buyer Beware!! Its so true.. so many people out there like to scam... Make sure you look into the person you're buying from. Feedback on Ebay.. and on the forums.. look at there post count and see if they had sold things on the forum before.
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

i love my hks ssqv...thats it. hopefully he will return your pms.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

SCAM or not?

Sorry I know this dont belong here but I really need help from people with alot of experience dealing with sales on the internet. MOD please move this to the correct location.

Well I found a buyer for my rims from a person that seen it on ebay(but did not win the auction). I'm selling them for $650. He told me he was going to buy them and send a check with extra money for shipping and such. And any excess amount should be WIRED to him using Western Union. Now the catch is, he sent me almost $3.8G's. I am not comfortable with this amount of money. I was thinking $800 from him w/ shipping.

The thing is, the excess amount I am suppose to wire to him by Western Union is addressed to somewhere else (not the return address).

Also Im not comfortable depositting it because I dont want to deal with bounced check.

Please give me some advice on what to do. I FEEL LIKE THE MIDDLE MAN.

Thanks
    -Engz
    Last edited by engz; 12-08-2006 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by engz View Post
    Sorry I know this dont belong here but I really need help from people with alot of experience dealing with sales on the internet. MOD please move this to the correct location.

Well I found a buyer for my rims from a person that seen it on ebay(but did not win the auction). I'm selling them for $650. He told me he was going to buy them and send a check with extra money for shipping and such. And any excess amount should be WIRED to him using Western Union. Now the catch is, he sent me almost $3.8G's. I am not comfortable with this amount of money. I was thinking $800 from him w/ shipping.

The thing is, the excess amount I am suppose to wire to him by Western Union is addressed to somewhere else (not the return address).

Also Im not comfortable depositting it because I dont want to deal with check bouncing.

Please give me some advice on what to do. I FEEL LIKE THE MIDDLE MAN.

Thanks
    -Engz
    Sounds like the 419 scam. By any chance did he send you a cashiers check?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    wow.. thats alittle WEIRD .. sounds like a scam to me. The person is trying to get access money from u so he dont get caught and all. I've heard of this before. My friend got this email about cashing checks for this company he got to keep so much and he had to send the rest to his company and address. He tried it out.. and wasnt even able to deposit the check nor cash it. The back found it as a fraud and ask my friend the 20 questions game. Then the FBI got involved. And he had to give them his statement and show him the email and blah, blah, blah.

Keep what info you have for your records. Also, I'd give the money back to whom ever sent it to you. This is a really weird situation. I hope you the best !

He sent me a personal check. And it looks like it came from his "clients" (a couple).

EDIT for WRX_YELLOW: Really? I should send this check back. He mention about him getting money from his client and as soon as he gets that it will be forwarded to me. But I didnt think the check would be this much. But if I would get ebay involve where he BUYS OUT the item(which he didnt). Would that make the deal legit?
    Last edited by engz; 12-08-2006 at 01:49 PM.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by engz View Post
    He sent me a personal check.
    I'm sure if you try to cash it or deposit it.. the bank will find out its a fraud.
    Then you look like the bad guy. And you'll have to answer a bunch of questions. I wouldnt want to do that... My friend (jason) wish he never had tried... cause he knew from the begining it wasnt right.