For Sale Complete Koni Ground Control Setup with GC Plates for 02-07
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Complete Koni Ground Control Setup with GC Plates for 02-07 within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; SOLD (no longer) Up for sale is a complete suspension setup for any 02-07 Impreza, including WRX (wagon or sedan), ...

SOLD Complete Koni Ground Control Setup with GC Plates for 02-07

SOLD

(no longer) Up for sale is a complete suspension setup for any 02-07 Impreza, including WRX (wagon or sedan), STi, or Outback Sport.

Photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHskppqjZd

Included are:
    • Koni Sport (Yellow) shock inserts (including mounting hardware and adjusters)
      Rears have approx 3000 miles on them: mainly light duty, get around town usage, plus a half dozen autocross events
      Fronts are new: I had them replaced on warranty, and I returned the car to stock before ever installing them.

• OEM WRX Wagon strut bodies (which are preferred to sedan bodies because they provide more camber due to their strut bolt positions). These have had their original stock spring perches professional machined off to reduce both weight and to allow for full range positioning of the ground control sleeve perches.

• D_Rex bump extenders (D_rex Koni strut extenders) which provide for more bump travel (if you don't already know, you want this on this setup).

• Ground Control sleeves and adjuster hardware

• Eibach springs from Ground Control (2.5" inner diameter barrel springs, which alleviate spring bending as the shock articulates so they do not rub the threaded sections of the ground control sleeves)
      Front: 9" ~315lb/in.
      Rear: 9" 280lb/in

• Ground Control camber/caster plates: front L and R
      These provide for both camber and caster adjustment and have a nice, high mounting point so as to accommodate lowering without sacrificing travel.

Not included: Rear top mounts: I used my stock rear top mounts (I have an 05). You can do the same.

I returned the car to stock before moving from CA to Chicago, and I have decided to sell my extra suspension. It was a great setup for both daily driving (though I did not do much of that due to a transit commute) and a locally competitive autocross STX setup. Those concerned with aesthetics would find that the car sits a bit lower than stock, but not so low as to compromise suspension travel at these spring rates. Ride firmness is a bit firmer than Sti stock springs, which I have also tried (225F/190R, but are progressive coil springs, whereas these are linear at 315F/280R).

Priced to move: 1000 + shipping: [selling as a complete set. pricing rationale: koni inserts: 400 + wagon struts: 100 + GC sleeves, springs, & plates: 500]
    Last edited by chezwhitey; 01-07-2016 at 10:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.