Want To Buy Oil Pan for 02 WRX 2.0L turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Oil Pan for 02 WRX 2.0L turbo within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; So was driving down the highway, saw abunch of cows loose on the other side of the road. while looking ...

Oil Pan for 02 WRX 2.0L turbo

So was driving down the highway, saw abunch of cows loose on the other side of the road. while looking at them I glance forward to see a piece of a blown out tire infront of me, which i then run over. after that the road was scattered with the remains of atleast 2-3 tires, no kidding or exageration here. Then i see the cause of all the tire carnage, someone's fartcan had fallen off their vehicle and many people must have hit it. I unfortunately didni't have time to swerve to avoid it do i aim to protect my tires thinking that as smashed up as it was i should beable to make it... I was wrong!!

It impacted on several parts of my undercarrage, the good news is it did no real damage to anything, except my oil pan. It bent the bottom up pretty good, not enough to cause damage to anything inside but enough to cause it to start leaking around the plug. I've sense sealed up the plug with silicone but i will need to replace the oil pan in the next 3 or so months, before my next oil change. I'm lucky in the fact that not more than 3 weeks ago i got my oil changed so it's a fresh batch.

Anyway, I am looking for a deal on an Oil Pan, i've already priced around i cna get a Dorman replacement one for about $60 with shipping but anything i can save is more money i can use for other things, you know how it is i'm sure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You should upgrade to the pan and baffle for the 2.5L. The flat pan on the 2L has been shown to cause oil starvation while cornering.

I Support ClubWRX
    MainFrame, for future reference, do you recall whether the oil pickup is common to the two models, and what else might need to be changed for a swap?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Good question.. I hadn't thought about it since I got a Killer B pickup to use when I upgraded the pan. They offer a different pickup for those with the ej20 pan, so I would assume a new pickup is pretty much required when changing pans (the ej25 pan is deeper, so that makes sense).

I suppose when you factor in the cost of pan+pickup+baffle the cost may be a little high for someone who doesn't drive spiritedly. But if you like to drive your car hard, it's definitely worth the piece of mind to not be forcing air bubbles through your bearings.

Also, the dip stick and tube are slightly different, so if you want it to read spot on you would need to change that too.. but I have never bothered to. I just put the right amount of oil in the car, and that's where I consider it "full".

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks very much for clarifying, I appreciate it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    What is your zip? I got a 2.0L pan just need to figure out what shipping would be. Might be able to do $30 shipped.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Podunc MT 59301 is the zip

Pmd..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    I can do it for $30 shipped. Pm me if you are still in need of an oil pan.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

HEY! its about time you got on the club slacker! should be on more often than nailing debris and poking holes in your car hahahhaha
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.