Want To Buy WTB: catback or axelback exhaust
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WTB: catback or axelback exhaust within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Looking for axelback or catback exhaust for my 2014 wrx hatchback. I have dual exit. Let me know! Thanks!...

WTB: catback or axelback exhaust

Looking for axelback or catback exhaust for my 2014 wrx hatchback. I have dual exit. Let me know! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRice14 View Post
    Looking for axelback or catback exhaust for my 2014 wrx hatchback. I have dual exit. Let me know! Thanks!
    If your on a budget a catback will be the way to go. It offers you a better look but mainly just improve the sound of your car. As for performance gains there is little if any gains with a catback or axleback. But if you want to do this right I would save up some money get yourself a turbo back exhaust and buy a Cobb Accessport and run their stage two map. That should run you for both between $1,500-2,000 for new or lower if you buy used. Whatever fits your budget, but to get the most performance gains getting those two things pretty much puts you at stage 2 already and you'll gain at least 15-20% more power. All the catback does is make your car sound all bad ass but really you don't gain any performance increase. Additionally if you really want to maximize your stage 2 save up another $500 for a pro tune at a shop you trust and you'll be amaze by how much better your car runs with a pro tune. With a pro tune the tuner is able to fine tune your timing , Air and fuel ratio , increase your boost, smooth out your power curve, spool the turbo up faster, and tune that car to run the best it possibly can with your set up. Usually a stage 2+ is plenty for most people. Regardless of what route you take you'll still be happy with the results so good luck and happy modding

Here is a dyno run with a custom tune from Cobb Surgeline: This should give you a rough ball park of what to expect from just a TBE and pro tune. Also Mustang Dyno are the lowest reading so you'll get higher numbers from other dyno but you shouldn't focus on numbers but instead how it runs and drive!

Last edited by Bang876; 03-24-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    Asian Ricer

Where are you located? I'm about to put my Perrin cat back up for local sale in florida, if youre in florida anyway.

Yea lol I'm trying to keep it inexpensive right now beings it's brand new and I dished out a lot to purchase it. Just looking for some sound.

I PM'ed you 6spd

I have a sweet ARK Grip I can do for $925 shipped to FL...
    Highly Recommend Matthew @ WTF Tuning for modding needs

Quote Originally Posted by Rmurphy_22 View Post
    I have a sweet ARK Grip I can do for $925 shipped to FL...
    I wana spend around 500 max for a used one, but thanks for the offer!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRice14 View Post
    I wana spend around 500 max for a used one, but thanks for the offer!
    I hear you, though be mindful many people ending getting tired of an annoying drone when buying most aftermarket exhausts. Then they step to the top brands to save their sanity...ARK Grip has no drone and a real bite at WOT, perfect combo. Good luck
    Highly Recommend Matthew @ WTF Tuning for modding needs

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.