For Sale 2004-2005 Blob Eye STi Morette Headlights

This is a discussion on 2004-2005 Blob Eye STi Morette Headlights within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey guys, A customer of mine came to me looking to refurbish his blob eye STi Morette headlights for his ...

Post 2004-2005 Blob Eye STi Morette Headlights

Hey guys,

A customer of mine came to me looking to refurbish his blob eye STi Morette headlights for his WRX. He brought them to me looking to get the low beam lenses replaced (one lens was cracked), wiring harness redone and cleaned up thoroughly.

Recently, he sold his car and has no use for them, so I bought them off of him because I really enjoyed this project.

They are Genuine STi Morette Headlights. They have the STi electric levelers for the low beams. All functions work and all new bulbs were recently added.

What I've done to them:
    -Thoroughly cleaned inside and out
    -Rewired the wiring harnesses and added new wire cover for a clean look
    -Added yellow overlay to the hi-beam lenses
    -Added amber LED turn signal bulbs
    -Added white LED courtesy light bulbs
    -Replaced both low beam lenses with brand new clear lenses

Let me know if you are interested in purchasing them. I would much prefer local pick-up or for you to come here and I'll install them. If need be, I will ship but would prefer not to.

SOLD

Here's a few pictures of them:

Last edited by Januch09; 03-28-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Okay, so I bought the headlights so I'll definitely be selling them eventually. I'm going to work on them today. I'm thinking in the price range of $500+ depending on how good they come out. I haven't done a whole lot of research on the value of them so that's just a ballpark number for now. If I can get some more info of weather they are worth more or less then my price may change.

Good god those are ugly...rare as hell, but ugly GLWS!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Good god those are ugly...rare as hell, but ugly GLWS!
    Idk, I kinda like them. I think they look better then OEM blob eye headlights.

Ran into some problems trying to finish them today. I wound up dropping the new lenses on my tile and the new lens shattered. So now I have to order another new set of lenses.

But while I have the old lenses opened and cleaned, I'm going to repaint the housings chrome so that when the new lenses go on, they look perfectly brand new.

I have a lot of people interested so far so who ever makes me the best offer takes them.

I'll keep everyone updated with how they come out.

So for everyone that is interested. I might be off of work tomorrow so I should have time to get working on the lights. I plan to paint the reflector housings tomorrow. I just ordered new lenses for the low beams a few minutes ago. Once they come in, I'll install them. Once they're installed, I'm going to test them on a buddies car and then they will be for sale as long as everything works properly.

I'll keep everyone updated as anything happens.

In the meantime, saw this picture on Instagram today for anyone who wants to get an idea of what they look on the car.

Painted the housings today and they came out excellent. Just waiting on the new lenses to arrive. Once they arrive, I'll silicone them in and they'll be ready to sell.

New update, I don't think I'll be selling theses lights with the HID's. I'll just include a set of new halogen bulbs. That ways there's less things going on. I'll leave all the LED's and what not, just no HID's unless you really want them and are willing to pay.

Okay guys, well I finished up the Morettes tonight. New housings are painted and the new lenses are siliconed on and sealed tight. Now just need to get someone local with an 04-05 sti to come in so I can test them and make sure everything works.

Judging by how much more time and money I had to put into them and by doing some serious research, I'm going to price them at $550 without HID's and $650 with HID's. I would much prefer local pick-up, but if I have to ship I will at buyers expense. Figure roughly $25 to ship?

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me. Whoever bids the highest takes them. Please no lowballing and serious inquiries only!

-Frank

Didn't have time to take pictures with my dslr, but here's a few iPhone shots. Once I test them on a car, I will take a bunch of pictures with my camera.

Okay guys, so dude to the serious interest in these and the amount of bidding going on, I need to put the bids public so for the people who are truly interested know what the current bid is. I've gotten one for $750 and just yesterday the new high bid is $775. So in order to take these home, you need to beat $775 and then I'll see how the person who put that offer in wants to proceed. I didn't realize how rare these actually are, so I'd like to get top dollar for them and will no longer settle for my original asking price. New prices posted on first post as well as the current high bid. So if you're interested, bid away!

Thanks

New high bid. $800

New high bid. $830

I finally have a guy coming tomorrow for me to test them. I'll test fit them tomorrow, make sure everything works and take a bunch of pictures. Once I know they are good, going to run to UPS and get some shipping quotes. After that, the bidding closes Friday and they will go to their rightful owner.

Thanks for the interests guys!

-Frank

Alright guys, well got some awesome news. Finally got someone to come in tonight with an 04 STi to test fit everything. My new harness works flawlessly! Blinkers work, DRL's work, high beams work, sti levelers work and so do low beams.

The one only problem I have is, I ordered the wrong HID bulbs for the Morettes. They are H7 bulbs. So whoever wants to buy these headlights, let me know what color HID's you want and I'll get you them (3k, 5k, 6k, 8k). I can have those in 2 days or I can just have them dropped shipped directly to your address. So whatever you want is what you'll get.

Video to come very soon. Just need to upload it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Current high bid is $830 shipped. Try and beat it. Last day is this Friday the 28th.

Last edited by Januch09; 03-26-2014 at 08:26 PM.