Want To Buy SPT exhaust... I have 2011 WRX sedan... thanks.

This is a discussion on SPT exhaust... I have 2011 WRX sedan... thanks. within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Looking for SPT exhaust for my 2011 WRX sedan, thanks....

SPT exhaust... I have 2011 WRX sedan... thanks.

Looking for SPT exhaust for my 2011 WRX sedan, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You sure you're not interested in brand new Invidia Q300 with the burnt titanium tips? Check my FS items at "one of the worst days of my life".

I want a little more sound but not too much, I know the SPT is not too loud, I need to hear the Q300. I was hoping to find someone really wanting to get rid of their SPT for a good deal.

I've got one off my 2013 with only about 7,000 miles. Where you located and what are you looking to spend?

Quote Originally Posted by natmad View Post
    I want a little more sound but not too much, I know the SPT is not too loud...
    This is what I had read, but boy was I surprised. I picked up a used SPT from eBay about a month ago ($500, shipped across the country). I was expecting it to be just a little louder than stock. OMG, it's WAY louder. I think the whole trunk acts as a sound resonator, so I ordered some sound-deadening material (Dynamat equivalent). Spent four hours leaning into the trunk installing the stuff. I think it's helped a little and I'm getting used to the sound, but I'm just amazed at how many comments I've read that say the SPT system is only slightly louder than stock.

SomeGoalie, my location is Raleigh. I am also considering a Nameless exhaust 5" (quietest) for @ 450. I am wondering if the Nameless 5" is about as quiet as the Q300 or the SPT or the Perrin. I don't know how all the exhausts considered "louder than stock, but not too loud" compare. The Nameless is the cheapest new.

Soobvirgin, interesting, my Speed3 was a little boomy, stock. Wish I could hear these exhausts in person.