Want To Buy 2008+ WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

This is a discussion on 2008+ WRX within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Hey there gang, I just joined a few weeks ago, shortly after losing my beloved GC8. Since then, I've been ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    34

    2008+ WRX

    Hey there gang,

    I just joined a few weeks ago, shortly after losing my beloved GC8. Since then, I've been on the hunt for a newer car. I've always loved the WRX but couldn't afford to buy one back then. I bought the GC8 in hopes of swapping a STi long block in it, but God had different plans for me I guess....

    With that said, I'm hoping to find a stockish WRX. It must meet the following criteria:

    2008+
    under 100k miles
    any body style
    any color
    my budget - $17,500


    If you know someone, who knows someone, who has a WRX that will fit my criteria, please point them to this thread. I am from Buffalo, NY and I am willing to travel

    Please help a fellow Subaru brother out!

    Thanks for looking,
    Kamil
    716-four81-four7four3

    PS - I've been on CL daily...
    Last edited by Kamilitaryman; 12-30-2013 at 09:02 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User SUBIE13WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    44
    I'm also from buffalo and ill keep an eye out for ya.
    2013 Subaru WRX OBP, COBB Stage 2 OTS, Invidia Catless DP, K&N Typhoon Intake, Nameless Performance Axel Back

  4. #3
    Registered User joeykmxz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    37
    I am also from Buffalo...I will keep an eye out too.

    SUBIE13WRX...let me know if you need any stock parts. I just got done parting out a wrecked 08 WRX

  5. #4
    Registered User MOTION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mandeville, La.
    Posts
    278
    I'd probably take 18k for mine, 2011 white sedan, 37k miles, it's been molested though

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBIE13WRX View Post
    I'm also from buffalo and ill keep an eye out for ya.
    Thanks man!

    Quote Originally Posted by joeykmxz View Post
    I am also from Buffalo...I will keep an eye out too.

    SUBIE13WRX...let me know if you need any stock parts. I just got done parting out a wrecked 08 WRX
    Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTION View Post
    I'd probably take 18k for mine, 2011 white sedan, 37k miles, it's been molested though
    I'll pass but thanks for being honest

  7. #6
    Registered User SUBIE13WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    44
    Alright thanks
    2013 Subaru WRX OBP, COBB Stage 2 OTS, Invidia Catless DP, K&N Typhoon Intake, Nameless Performance Axel Back

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    34
    If things go as planned, I might have a 08 WRX in my driveway next week! Anything I should keep an eye out for when I go take a look at it? Anything in particular with the 08 model?

  9. #8
    Registered User SUBIE13WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    44
    I would just make sure you do a good test drive and make sure you check all your fluid levels, check under the car, I would also ask if its been modded or not unless you already know it is. Listen for any noises while driving, obviously you don't want any smoke coming out of the tailpipe unless its just normal exhaust. How many miles on it?
    2013 Subaru WRX OBP, COBB Stage 2 OTS, Invidia Catless DP, K&N Typhoon Intake, Nameless Performance Axel Back

  10. #9
    Registered User boone1186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamilitaryman View Post
    If things go as planned, I might have a 08 WRX in my driveway next week! Anything I should keep an eye out for when I go take a look at it? Anything in particular with the 08 model?
    I hope you have done your research on the 08 WRX model. Do keep in mind it has 40 less HP from the factory then the 09+ among other weak points when compared to its older brother. Not to rain on your parade, just don't want you to make a uneducated decision!! Good luck!
    2010 WRB WRX

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBIE13WRX View Post
    I would just make sure you do a good test drive and make sure you check all your fluid levels, check under the car, I would also ask if its been modded or not unless you already know it is. Listen for any noises while driving, obviously you don't want any smoke coming out of the tailpipe unless its just normal exhaust. How many miles on it?
    It's not modded. An older couple owned it. I know all that jazz already, this ain't my 1st rodeo

    Quote Originally Posted by boone1186 View Post
    I hope you have done your research on the 08 WRX model. Do keep in mind it has 40 less HP from the factory then the 09+ among other weak points when compared to its older brother. Not to rain on your parade, just don't want you to make a uneducated decision!! Good luck!
    You're making it sound like I'm going to regret this decision, hehe. It's in my price range and completely stock. I will be going out next week to check it out. It's got 76k on it. I'm going to take it to a mechanic down there and get a compression test done. I do realize that they have 40hp less than the 09s but I'm not afraid of modding it a little (psh a little, yea right) I've read the guides on how to mod the WRX and I will follow those closely to my needs. It's pretty easy to get the missing 40hp

    I'll keep reading in the meantime. If anyone else has something to say about the 08s, please come forward - I'd greatly appreciate that!

  12. #11
    Registered User SUBIE13WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    44
    I was also gonna throw in a compression check as well, with 76k on it you might as well. Hope everything checks out good for you!
    2013 Subaru WRX OBP, COBB Stage 2 OTS, Invidia Catless DP, K&N Typhoon Intake, Nameless Performance Axel Back

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBIE13WRX View Post
    I was also gonna throw in a compression check as well, with 76k on it you might as well. Hope everything checks out good for you!
    Likewise dude! The minute I know I'm getting the car, I'm buying the Cobb Access port, followed by some lightweight rims and better brakes.

  14. #13
    Registered User SUBIE13WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    44
    Nice, make sure you let is know when and if you get it and pics too!
    2013 Subaru WRX OBP, COBB Stage 2 OTS, Invidia Catless DP, K&N Typhoon Intake, Nameless Performance Axel Back

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBIE13WRX View Post
    Nice, make sure you let is know when and if you get it and pics too!
    Will do! With 76k on the clock, I think it's safe to assume this one didn't fall victim to an engine failure like some of the early 2008s.

  16. #15
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    2,779
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamilitaryman View Post
    It's not modded. An older couple owned it. I know all that jazz already, this ain't my 1st rodeo



    You're making it sound like I'm going to regret this decision, hehe. It's in my price range and completely stock. I will be going out next week to check it out. It's got 76k on it. I'm going to take it to a mechanic down there and get a compression test done. I do realize that they have 40hp less than the 09s but I'm not afraid of modding it a little (psh a little, yea right) I've read the guides on how to mod the WRX and I will follow those closely to my needs. It's pretty easy to get the missing 40hp

    I'll keep reading in the meantime. If anyone else has something to say about the 08s, please come forward - I'd greatly appreciate that!
    You certainly can get a 2008 to become just as powerful as later years, but it does come with a weaker turbo...a TD04 vs. the VF52. The suspension was also much softer. But like you said, if you are going to be modding the heck out of it, you can make up for the shortcomings. I personally would look at the 09+, but it's your decision!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •