Subaru WRX Forum banner

NY- 2003 Black Bugeye - Totaled. Everything for sale that's not damaged!

For Sale 
3K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  18GXTWRX 
#1 ·
The rear right fender and tire/rims are shot. I believe the trunk (with spoiler) is fine. The axle is shot also, but the rest of the car, inside and out is great. I was offered $1500 for salvage but I think the parts are worth more than that.

Anyone need any parts?
Do you think I should just take the $1500?

The car has about 140,000 miles on it but it's in great shape. (Except where the jerk hit me)

#2 ·
If you have the time to pull everything apart, you should be able to get more than $1500 out of it. Just be sure you have the mechanical know-how and tools to pull all the parts.

#3 ·
I have the tools and the knowhow for the most part. The only thing that worries me is getting the engine out. I don't have any special lifts or anything. Maybe there's someone in my area that would be willing to help?
If the price difference isn't all that much, I may just have them take it and keep the $1500. But if I can get $3000 parted out, that's a different story. Plus I'm driving a 2004 WRX now, so a lot of the parts are interchangeable if I need them at some point. I'm just not sure what to do and I need to decide fairly soon.

#4 ·
There are a lot of old part out threads here and elsewhere. I'd go through a few and tally up what all they were selling and what parts sold for. I haven't done the math myself but I believe it's well in excess of $1500. Especially if your big ticket items (engine/transmission) are in good shape.

Sent via sorcery

#6 ·
I haven't looked recently, but the hood was perfect other than a few minor dings (not in the paint, from small hail) as far as I recall. It still looks great. No noticeable issues. And my girlfriend lives north of Boston, so I could bring it here (Beverly,MA) for you to pick up. Or I may be able to meet you. What did you have in mind for price? (Especially since you wouldn't have to pay for shipping.)
*PM me if you'd rather discuss it through there.

#10 ·
Well I have the engine with turbo and it is a 5 speed manual with short throw shifter. I have NO idea how to take everything apart though, so you'd have to either come help, or buy the whole car and have it towed to you. Either way, Great Barrington isn't more than probably and hour from me tops.
Let me know though, because if I'm parting it out I want to get it going right away.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.