Want To Buy 2004 WRX Engine w/ Turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX Engine w/ Turbo within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; 2 weeks ago I bought a WRX... coming off the highway I screwed a rod somewhere, not sure what piston... ...

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States

2004 WRX Engine w/ Turbo

2 weeks ago I bought a WRX... coming off the highway I screwed a rod somewhere, not sure what piston... I'm not rebuilding, after machining, parts and labor I'd bee better off with getting a motor. Before anyone jumps on Lemon Law... I bought it private party, and I threw away any evidence in my oil, and it was involved in an accident in 06/2011.. I dont have anything working for me. Been shopping aorund with reputable yards, best price I found was $2600 plus a warranty, 2 years for $250..just shy of $2900 for the engine. Labor, I'll figure out if I'm doing it myself or a shop. My concern with a yard engine...why is there, how long has it been sitting, how many miles are on it, and how was it driven? I really dont want to bite on anything just yet... big pill to swallow. In any event, anyone around New England area have something or know of any good leads? I really want to shop around and get the best for my buck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd check CL. I would never pay that much money for a used subaru engine of that age. There are listings on the NYC CL for under 1600. Independent shops might not want to get involved in a customer supplied engine, but if you are doing the job yourself, it might be worth your while to get a friend with a pick up and take a small road trip. I know how it feels to be in a pinch for something, but that guy is robbing you at that price. Good luck!
    Edit: I almost forgot about fleabay. First listing to pop up was under 1600 and the guy has perfect feedback.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.