Want To Buy 08+ WRX Hatchback Nameless Axleback exhaust

This is a discussion on 08+ WRX Hatchback Nameless Axleback exhaust within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; Whats up everybody, Looking for a Nameless Performance axleback for my STOCK 2012 hatchback. But I'm not sure if I ...

08+ WRX Hatchback Nameless Axleback exhaust

Whats up everybody,

Looking for a Nameless Performance axleback for my STOCK 2012 hatchback. But I'm not sure if I should go with 5'' or 4'' mufflers. If anyone of you know anything about these axlebacks let me know if the 4'' muffler option is good if I'm looking for a somewhat loud but not too loud exhaust. Once again, everything else is stock.

Thanks a bunch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RKOZ View Post
    Whats up everybody,

Looking for a Nameless Performance axleback for my STOCK 2012 hatchback. But I'm not sure if I should go with 5'' or 4'' mufflers. If anyone of you know anything about these axlebacks let me know if the 4'' muffler option is good if I'm looking for a somewhat loud but not too loud exhaust. Once again, everything else is stock.

Thanks a bunch
    I have the Nameless Catback with the midpipe resonator and 5 inch mufflers. It's just loud enough (but not Q300 loud) and it's definitely better sounding than the SPT exhaust or Magnaflow option. I'd definitely go with the 5 inch mufflers. The 4 inch mufflers are really loud (but not as loud as muffler delete).

+1 for 5 inch

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    I have the Nameless Catback with the midpipe resonator and 5 inch mufflers. It's just loud enough (but not Q300 loud) and it's definitely better sounding than the SPT exhaust or Magnaflow option. I'd definitely go with the 5 inch mufflers. The 4 inch mufflers are really loud (but not as loud as muffler delete).
    Nice, thanks for the insight. Did you order off of the Nameless Performance website? And if you did, how long did it take for you to get it?

Nice, thanks for the insight. Did you order off of the Nameless Performance website? And if you did, how long did it take for you to get it?
    Ordered my catback directly from Nameless Performance. They said it would take 4 weeks to manufacture and ship and it took about that long. Axlebacks may ship sooner than catbacks. I would go into a chat session with the folks at Nameless Performance on their website and ask what their lead times were. Alternatively, you can post a question on their FB wall.

Totally worth the wait for me...

Ordered my catback directly from Nameless Performance. They said it would take 4 weeks to manufacture and ship and it took about that long. Axlebacks may ship sooner than catbacks. I would go into a chat session with the folks at Nameless Performance on their website and ask what their lead times were. Alternatively, you can post a question on their FB wall.

Totally worth the wait for me...
    Did some looking around and I'm actually feeling that the 4'' is what I'm looking for. Is there any annoying drone for either the 4'' or 5''?

Did some looking around and I'm actually feeling that the 4'' is what I'm looking for. Is there any annoying drone for either the 4'' or 5''?
    If you're saying that you want your exhaust to be somewhat loud but not too loud, I can tell you that the 4 inch option is not what you're looking for. It's almost as loud as a muffler delete. If you're "feeling" you want the 4 inch mufflers, my suggestion is that you actually listen to a Nameless 4 inch muffler axleback in person (and not on youtube). Otherwise, you're gonna be unhappy when you realize how loud it really is. I still say the 5 inch is what you're looking for.

Nameless rated the noise levels of their exhausts on a 1-10 scale: the stock exhaust being a 1, the Magnaflow (and SPT, since many compare the noise level comparable to the Magnaflow) being a 2, the 5 inch setup being a 5, the 4 inch setup being a 7, muffler delete being a 10.

BTW, my catback with 5 inch mufflers does not drone on the highway (and I have a hatch). I cannot comment on the 4 inch mufflers.

If you're saying that you want your exhaust to be somewhat loud but not too loud, I can tell you that the 4 inch option is not what you're looking for. It's almost as loud as a muffler delete. If you're "feeling" you want the 4 inch mufflers, my suggestion is that you actually listen to a Nameless 4 inch muffler axleback in person (and not on youtube). Otherwise, you're gonna be unhappy when you realize how loud it really is. I still say the 5 inch is what you're looking for.

Nameless rated the noise levels of their exhausts on a 1-10 scale: the stock exhaust being a 1, the Magnaflow (and SPT, since many compare the noise level comparable to the Magnaflow) being a 2, the 5 inch setup being a 5, the 4 inch setup being a 7, muffler delete being a 10.

BTW, my catback with 5 inch mufflers does not drone on the highway (and I have a hatch). I cannot comment on the 4 inch mufflers.
    Ok, yea I saw the 1 - 10 scale before. And I would go to hear it in person, but IDK anyone that has the axleback... And what I mean by not too loud is something that won't be too obnoxious in the neighborhood. For everywhere else besides the neighbor hood, the loudness doesn't matter; and I drive in the neighbor hood for no more than 20 - 30 sec... Sorry if Im kinda dragging this out lol, just trying to make myself clear.

Ok, yea I saw the 1 - 10 scale before. And I would go to hear it in person, but IDK anyone that has the axleback... And what I mean by not too loud is something that won't be too obnoxious in the neighborhood. For everywhere else besides the neighbor hood, the loudness doesn't matter; and I drive in the neighbor hood for no more than 20 - 30 sec... Sorry if Im kinda dragging this out lol, just trying to make myself clear.
    My catback with 5 inch mufflers can be heard from inside my house and that's from the driveway. I'm willing to bet the axleback with 4 inch mufflers will likely piss off your neighbors.

Okay, so you've now cleared your neighborhood. The other person to consider is law enforcement. Not sure what state or locale your reside in, but if there are exhaust noise laws or ordinances, you're running the potential of getting hassled by cops, or worse, getting exhaust tickets.

If you're risk averse and hearing them up close and personal isn't an option, my suggestion would be to have a nice talk with the folks at Nameless Performance. They're super friendly and helpful. Just want you to know what you're getting into...it would suck if you wind up getting 4 inch mufflers, deciding it was too loud, and having to re-sell it (at a loss).