For Sale 2011-2012 SPT Cat back exhaust

This is a discussion on 2011-2012 SPT Cat back exhaust within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; 11-12 SPT cat back exhaust for sale. 0 plus shipping. Was purchased new from dealer and installed by dealer on ...

2011-2012 SPT Cat back exhaust

11-12 SPT cat back exhaust for sale. $500 plus shipping. Was purchased new from dealer and installed by dealer on my WRX sedan..............was too loud for my taste. Had dealer take it off and re-install the stock exhaust after only a few days. It's basically brand new.

Located in Houston, Texas

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Does it require any different gaskets or clamps to attach or can it simply replace the stock cat back? Photos?

I think installation would require a new gasket but the dealer did the install so I'm not 100% sure. I would send photos but i have already wrapped the exhaust in bubble wrap and duct tape for shipping. Was going to sell and ship it to a guy on this forum a while back but he flaked out on me. I would prefer not to have to unwrap it to take photos unless I have to. It is essentially brand new. It was only on my car for a few days. No dings or blemishes.

Well, I'm interested. But I'm a little wary of buying something from an individual (rather than a business) when not only can I not inspect it but, I can't even see pictures of it. How does the process work to make sure we both get what we're expecting? I'm familiar with eBay where there's some recourse if the item isn't as described or the buyer doesn't pay. How does it work here?

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are concerned have him draw up a bill of sale/invoice stating in plain english what he is selling and that he guarantee's what he is describing is as the description states (near perfect condition subaru SPT exhaust for 20XX WRX) and have him sign it and send it to you. Then you at least have something signed by him and sent to you. For the most part I haven't really heard of any horror stories on here with member sales, but I don't blame you for being weary since he has had such little activity.

Also, I think most payments for sales on here are done through paypal. Make sure to decide up front who will pay the paypal fee.

I understand the dilema......I tell you what.........if you are interested, let me go see what it would cost to ship it to you and I'll consider taking a leap of faith and shipping it to you first and you sending me payment if the exhaust is as described. I really don't want have to unwrap and re-wrap it. It was a complete bitch the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    If you are concerned have him draw up a bill of sale/invoice stating in plain english what he is selling and that he guarantee's what he is describing is as the description states (near perfect condition subaru SPT exhaust for 20XX WRX) and have him sign it and send it to you. Then you at least have something signed by him and sent to you. For the most part I haven't really heard of any horror stories on here with member sales, but I don't blame you for being weary since he has had such little activity.

Also, I think most payments for sales on here are done through paypal. Make sure to decide up front who will pay the paypal fee.
    Good info. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by mlemm308 View Post
    I understand the dilema......I tell you what.........if you are interested, let me go see what it would cost to ship it to you and I'll consider taking a leap of faith and shipping it to you first and you sending me payment if the exhaust is as described. I really don't want have to unwrap and re-wrap it. It was a complete bitch the first time.
    Haha. Sure, I understand. Well, that would certainly help to ease my concerns.... 92065.

Also paypal is the best way to go, all sorts of buyer seller protection. As for the Spt exhaust, it is a little bigger diameter than stock so you will need new gaskets. They can be found pretty cheap online, and the install is very simple. You will enjoy it
    '11 WRX DGM

Quote Originally Posted by mlemm308 View Post
    Did you get a chance to find out the cost of shipping?