For Sale NJ: Yakima Roof Rack modified for 02-07 WRX/STI
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on NJ: Yakima Roof Rack modified for 02-07 WRX/STI within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; ******SOLD!!!!!!******** Sup everyone, For sale is my Yakima rack complete with Q-towers modified for fitting flush on the roof of ...

NJ: Yakima Roof Rack modified for 02-07 WRX/STI

******SOLD!!!!!!********

Sup everyone,

For sale is my Yakima rack complete with Q-towers modified for fitting flush on the roof of the car, cross bars, fairing, and simple bike attachment. I have the key for the locks. The cross bars do have some cracks in the plastic, but that doesn't affect performance or security.

Bought this used off a friend about a year and a half ago who had it for a year or so. She showed me how it fit and was modified based on this method:
    How To: Custom Installed Yakima Rack - NASIOC

Not many people know that under the black weather stripping, the GD model sedans already have mounting points built in, but no factory options for racks. Yakima Q-towers were able to be modded to fit with a little handy work. The Q tower clips are modified to fit under the mount points under the stripping, while allowing the weather stripping to go back on cleanly. All the dremel cutting and bending has been done. All you need to do is purchase, and mount! This makes for a nice clean look, certainly better than mounting up under the windows. Check out the pics!

Would love a local sale, but could ship at buyer's expense. Looking to get $180 for the whole setup, OBO.

All the install items:

Picture showing how the bracket is modified:

Angled view:

View from side of car:
    Last edited by Mikie13; 08-26-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd think about taking it, but somehow don't think it would fit over the roof scoop/vent setup that'll be going in. GLWS though, Mikie.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    I'd think about taking it, but somehow don't think it would fit over the roof scoop/vent setup that'll be going in. GLWS though, Mikie.
    Thanks dude. I don't think it would fit over it either. I loved this rack. Hell, I'm a lover of all racks...but alas I must part ways since I drowned my car
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Thanks dude. I don't think it would fit over it either. I loved this rack. Hell, I'm a lover of all racks...but alas I must part ways since I drowned my car
    Yeah, but wasn't yours accidental flood damage? What are you getting for a replacement? :endthreadjack:
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

My buddy may be Interested how much plus shipping to 85308
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

$50 shipped, final offer.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Yeah, but wasn't yours accidental flood damage? What are you getting for a replacement? :endthreadjack:
    Yeah, it was. Accidental flood totaled ha. I picked up a 2012 WRX already. Pretty Lightning red one. I have a thread in the show-off section with some pics. I wasn't ready to drop money on an STI yet, so a WRX is plenty for me right now. I'm actually really liking it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dzanga View Post
    My buddy may be Interested how much plus shipping to 85308
    As of right now, someone claimed bought it, and I just shipped it last night, but I'm in the middle of some BS with Paypal saying they might be a fraudulent account. So I'm trying to get the shipment intercepted by UPS before delivery. If all goes well, it would probably be $30 for shipping standard ground due to the size of it. So, I'll let you know how this ordeal will play out and if I get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    $50 shipped, final offer.
    Sorry, it doesn't fit a Mustang, Doobis.

Yeah, it was. Accidental flood totaled ha. I picked up a 2012 WRX already. Pretty Lightning red one. I have a thread in the show-off section with some pics. I wasn't ready to drop money on an STI yet, so a WRX is plenty for me right now. I'm actually really liking it!

As of right now, someone claimed bought it, and I just shipped it last night, but I'm in the middle of some BS with Paypal saying they might be a fraudulent account. So I'm trying to get the shipment intercepted by UPS before delivery. If all goes well, it would probably be $30 for shipping standard ground due to the size of it. So, I'll let you know how this ordeal will play out and if I get it back.

Sorry, it doesn't fit a Mustang, Doobis.
    Ok sounds good thanks

Ok sounds good ill let him know

Quote Originally Posted by Dzanga View Post
    Ok sounds good ill let him know
    Good news...the packages were intercepted by UPS and are being returned for me. So it will be for sale again and will be able to go out next week if he's interested.

Good news...the packages were intercepted by UPS and are being returned for me. So it will be for sale again and will be able to go out next week if he's interested.
    Ok he wants it. He will be making a clubwrx account and will be in contact with you

Bump it up! Still got this thing...

Do you still have this??? Work out a price? You can text me 509-494-2291.

Sorry, I made an account just to ask about this. Your pm's are full.

is this still for sale?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast