For Sale Thule roof rack - 02-07 Sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Thule roof rack - 02-07 Sedan within the Personal For Sale & Wanted forums, part of the ClubWRX.net Marketplace category; I have for sale a Thule rack in perfect condition. Includes all parts needed to install, as well as the ...

I Support ClubWRX

Thule roof rack - 02-07 Sedan

I have for sale a Thule rack in perfect condition. Includes all parts needed to install, as well as the fairing and snowboard attachments. I am looking to get $325 OBO. Local pickup would be preferred, but we could work something out for shipping. Here is a picture of the rack on my old car (the snowboard rack is not on in that picture - if you want more pictures please request).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry I'm a roof rack n00b. Is this just for snnowboards? Or can it be used for a bicycle

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Sorry I'm a roof rack n00b. Is this just for snnowboards? Or can it be used for a bicycle
    This can be used for bicycles too...you would just need to purchase the bike attachments (bike trays). I happen to have a very good connection for those (and any other attachment) and would be willing to hook you up (shipping free on the bike trays) should you decide to purchase this. I'd like to sell the whole thing, but I know there aren't many places to snowboard down in your neck of the woods, so if you want the rack we could work out a deal without the snowboard attachment.

Edit - just thought I would add that you can use this for anything including kayaks, etc. just need to extra attachments.
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 07-31-2013 at 07:17 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Cool thanks for the info.

Can you PM me a price for the set up (minus the snowboard stuff... Plus the bike attachments) shipped to 32765?

desiree

I Support ClubWRX
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I happen to have a very good connection for those (and any other attachment) and would be willing to hook you up (shipping free on the bike trays)
    dang. wish I would have known that back when I was ordering my rack setup.

You'll just have to be careful what type of bike tray you get. Most newer bikes (last 10 or so years probably) have very large and/or funky shaped downtubes that don't work very well with the swing arm clamp holders such as this.

For my bikes, I have the Thule 517 Peloton model. It requires you to take the front wheel off, but it's super easy to set and fasten the bike in the rack, and I feel it's probably the most secure style of bike holder.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by djk5077 View Post
    dang. wish I would have known that back when I was ordering my rack setup.

You'll just have to be careful what type of bike tray you get. Most newer bikes (last 10 or so years probably) have very large and/or funky shaped downtubes that don't work very well with the swing arm clamp holders such as this.

For my bikes, I have the Thule 517 Peloton model. It requires you to take the front wheel off, but it's super easy to set and fasten the bike in the rack, and I feel it's probably the most secure style of bike holder.
    Yes, all very good information. Definitely want to make sure you get the right trays. I have the large mouth trays you pictured above and they work great for my mountainbikes.

I Support ClubWRX
    Good morning bump

I Support ClubWRX
    Monday bump

I Support ClubWRX
    eek. i'm still having an internal battle with myself over whether or not i truly need this my boyfriend already has a bike rack for when we travel with our fixies.

desiree

I Support ClubWRX
    eek. i'm still having an internal battle with myself over whether or not i truly need this my boyfriend already has a bike rack for when we travel with our fixies.
    I think you should get it! I'd be willing to work with you a little bit on that last offer I gave you for the price...Plus...the deal I was talking about with the add on accessories...You won't find that very often

I Support ClubWRX
    Who doesn't like a nice rack? BUMPPPP

I Support ClubWRX
    Rack is sold!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.