Haha so much to respond to!
Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
And HOW THE HELL DO YOU HAVE 35K ON THE STOCK TIRES????? That's a lot for sticky summer rubber!
I knew that one was coming!! To be honest, I don't know either. It has to be the long commute. I (try to) drive gently during my commuting hours, and I average about 25mpg on the entire tank. I'm sure that contributes.

I mean...I think what I'm trying to get at here is that if you DO want to AutoX...whether seriously or just for fun, then you should use a good set of tires at least. If you use something "crappy" when AutoX, you just won't get the level of fun you could. Turn ins and braking won't be satisfactory. You will get tremendously more understeer due to the sidewall flex...and you'd probably have a better chance of actually getting a blowout due to more sidewall.
I completely agree with everything here. Overcoming the understeer and figuring out weight distribution way back at that first AutoX was definitely something that needs practice. But are you saying that the stock rubber isn't sufficient? I know that I could get *BETTER* but for the money (read: included with the car) I have absolutely no complaints.

I think your best option here would to definitely find a cheap set of something used via Nasioc/Craigslist or wherever. Steelies probably wouldn't be your best bet. Perhaps you could even find someone selling their stockers? Have a second set on hand! Problem solved, haha.
That is *exactly* what I'm hoping to accomplish. Surely, somebody on here has to have replaced their beat up stockers, right?

And no worries about your explanations and details. I'd rather have that than the threads you see around here where someone says "I bought a WRX it broke whats wrong with it" with no grammar or useable info at all. Which by the way, I'll give you some positive rep for using great grammar and spelling!
I completely agree here also. I'm in QA, so I'm big on details. I just need to work on being more concise.

Which by the way, I'll give you some positive rep for using great grammar and spelling!
Many thanx! lol I'm glad others speak my language!

...now, I think I'm off to peruse the "Build" threads to find people who are showing off their new wheels... hahaha